• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quickie regarding modifying ammo

A buddy and me used to do ballistic test on cull watermelons. He had an old sawed off single 12 we would use. At close range a round loaded with copper wire ( without insulation ) would do the most internal damage. It would enter and start deflecting in every direction. For just plain destruction and gaping wounds bb's, glass, rocks, and other larger projectiles. Have always been curious about mercury in bullets, as in jaws.

It works like a champ (mercury that is), a lil drop and some bee's wax on the end................like a champ!

Of course it's not legal!! don't you know that cutting an X on your bullet allows it to penetrate police body armor, you can even take out planes! - mind of the anti-gun.

Taxi Driver he cut the "x"..I've seen different accounts (forums, YouTube, etc) of people making their own HPs
Keep in mind Taxi Driver was filmed in NYC. I believe that HP ammo is illegal there and several states surrounding that Foreign Country. As for GA i don't believe there are any restrictions on the type of ammo you can use. Some ammo has been taken off he market due to its fragmenting properties like Black Talon. However, it believe it was reintroduced under another brand.

I do think you can do anything to a bullet that is not already available off the shelf. If it is legal to buy in the stores why would it be illegal to modify / make at home?

Keep in mind Taxi Driver was filmed in NYC. I believe that HP ammo is illegal there and several states surrounding that Foreign Country. As for GA i don't believe there are any restrictions on the type of ammo you can use. Some ammo has been taken off he market due to its fragmenting properties like Black Talon. However, it believe it was reintroduced under another brand.

I do think you can do anything to a bullet that is not already available off the shelf. If it is legal to buy in the stores why would it be illegal to modify / make at home?

Yah i think the old black talons and now called "ranger" or something like that i believe, it was all just political b.s. and your exactly right, with so many proven rounds available there is absolutely zero reason to try any of these "home remedies"

I know armored car guards could use HP in NY as of a couple of years back. My Father n law told me how they always had to change magazines before leaving NY for New Jersey. NJ bans them.

dunno if the law was indeed changed or not but i do remember a member on here talkign about how his buddy got pulled over with a revolver up there and got a bunch of charges, one of them was for "being in possession of armor piercing ammo" and all he had were hollow points :lol: so even if they arnt illegal the enforcement up there might be too retarded to know the difference.

NJ bans them.
Of course they do. HPs have been demonstrated to be less prone to ricochets and over penetration from shots coming from poorly trained policemen. Since they're safer, they're banned.
fragmenting properties like Black Talon
I've found Ranger SXT and Black Talon to retain 98% of original bullet weight when tested in a number of mediums. I do not think they were engineered to fragment, just had really aggressive 'petals' from the ogive when expanded.

Drive through NY with GA plates.....you likely will get followed. NYorkers can't even have handguns. Some BS about even with a permit you can't travel with them on bridges and tunnels,since it's an island...go figure.

Back
Top Bottom