• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

quiet riot firearms rocks!

Isis-2
6061T6 aluminum on both the tube and baffle
weighs ~11oz w/ booster
7.9" long w/o booster ~9.1" w/booster
123.3db @ 1m from NFATalk on a G17
130dB @ L Ear
Street price with booster - $530~

Mystic
Stainless/titanium
16 oz w/booster
8" long w/o booster ~9.2" w/ booster
124.7dB @ 1m from NFATalk on a G17
125.8 dB @ L Ear
Street price with booster - $770 (unless you bought in on CAW's ridiculously awesome group buy)

Osprey 9
baffles - 7075T6 Aluminum
Tube- 6061T6 aluminum
9.8oz (W/booster in there)
7" long (W/booster)
126.5 dB @ 1m from NFATalk on a USP9
131.3 dB @ L ear
Street Price- ~675

TiRant9
Ti, SS, and Al. Not sure where each is
8.6oz w/booster
7.9" long with booster
125.8 dB @1m from NFATalk on a USP9
127.9 @ L ear
Street Price ~$725

SWR Octane 9
Tube 6061 Al
Baffles SS Baffles
11oz w/booster
7.5" long w/ booster
127.3db @ muzzle from Silencerforum
132.5 @ ear from Silencerforum
Street Price ~$600

IMO the price; easily able to use any GT, Liberty, or TM mounts; monocore; and performance of the Isis-2 are very hard to beat.
The Mystic really shines in that it is quietest at the ear, and can handle sooo many more calibers, and can take all the mounts I listed above.
The octane seems to be a good deal on a tough, shorter can, but I want to see more numbers come out on it.
TiRant and Osprey are well know good performers.

*all info on specs are from manufacturer websites. all dB ratings are from the websites denoted, nfatalk.org or silencerforum.com. Last paragraph is my personal opinion drawn from personal experience.

That Isis-2 looks like a serious value. I may be talking to you about it soon, pending a discussion on silencertalk.com, go talk in my thread over there QRF!

Yeh not sure where Mr BS thinks it will get stuck any more than a mystic. The threadless tube on both of them is there for the same reason. Definitely comes apart easier than an Octane would. And the guys at TM will take care of their customers if there were an issue.

And the performance of it is listed above. No worries there.

It is heavier than most, but what other 9mm can let's you shoot 300blk supers? The insane range of calibers the mystic is rated for is why it is so awesome.

I looked hard at that one but I don't want that heavy of a can. Mine will be used on 9mm,32acp and 22. I have no desire to suppress a rifle.

With the Mystic, when I plan to suppress a rifle, I intend to use a rifle can, I know that is in my plans, this can will live inside a rail system on my AR. I'm leaning toward Octane 9HD since the baffles are dip'able, but that price QRF has on the Isis is so tempting.

QRF do you have any cans to demo? I'm just not ready to drop cash until I hear what I'm buying.

Back
Top Bottom