• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rant on high fence hunting

bubbaofga

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
I pass a "hunting preserve" on my way to work. Got me thinking. Actually got me pissed. The deer cannot go anywhere other than the high fenced acreage. They have tags in their ears and they do not run when they see you come by. They have a sign that says "Professional Hunting Preserve" WTF?
I understand that they are raised to kill just like a cow. But come on, don't call it hunting. It's killing.
Same goes for pen raised quail and pheasants for me. Yes I know they are released not long before you shoot them at least. They could fly away I guess, if the guy didn't give them the ole shake or twirling thru the air. I've raised them. They are no different than chickens raised in a big pen. Like the deer in high fence areas, don't call it hunting. It's killing.

OK I am done. What say you fellas?

I pass a "hunting preserve" on my way to work. Got me thinking. Actually got me pissed. The deer cannot go anywhere other than the high fenced acreage. They have tags in their ears and they do not run when they see you come by. They have a sign that says "Professional Hunting Preserve" WTF?
I understand that they are raised to kill just like a cow. But come on, don't call it hunting. It's killing.
Same goes for pen raised quail and pheasants for me. Yes I know they are released not long before you shoot them at least. They could fly away I guess, if the guy didn't give them the ole shake or twirling thru the air. I've raised them. They are no different than chickens raised in a big pen. Like the deer in high fence areas, don't call it hunting. It's killing.

I agree with you 100% Im no tree hugger by no means but that is not hunting.
And a plus on this is I also dont agree with baiting Bears.
I have come across them on the ground hunting in the past, and its either Hunt or run at that point lol
I had one let me pass ,when he was in every position to eat me alive, I guess I owe them one.

Last edited:

I agree. It's like shooting fish in a barrel, where is the sport in it?

Not really any different is it than fishing a stocked lake or stream? As long as my tax dollars don't go to support it I could care less what the "professional hunter" wants to call his canned hunts. I've just about stopped hunting. This baiting bill that just passed is an embarrassment and a joke to anyone who actually hunts.

Not really any different is it than fishing a stocked lake or stream? As long as my tax dollars don't go to support it I could care less what the "professional hunter" wants to call his canned hunts. I've just about stopped hunting. This baiting bill that just passed is an embarrassment and a joke to anyone who actually hunts.[/QUOTE

I agreee with both lines of the discussion........Baiting sux and I don't call "pened up game" as hunting. Its just killing.

Manly men that hunt like this piss me off in general. Oooh ... you can corner an animal in a fence row and gun it down ... big man!

Maybe if its 1,000,000 acres, maybe. Anyone remeber Noel feather? I saw the hunt he was busted for...claiming fair chase. This big buck comes by, barely walking. He tells the camera's how this is a very old buck. Turns out the buck was chased around for a half a day(in a high fence operation) till it finaly found its way in front of his stand! The article was called Feather Dusted. Shooting a giant buck under such circumstances shows me nothing and I couldnt be proud for having "hunted" it!

Back
Top Bottom