• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rear sight lasers for XD'S

tmp469

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
13   0
Reaction score
Anyone here have any experience with rear sight lasers for XD's or Crimson Trace laser grips for XD's? The CTC grips look like they might bulk up the grips on the pistol since they overlay, and are hideously expensive. How do the rear sight lasers activate? Anyone with any experience with these is asked to assist!!

Thanks in advance!

I can't speak for the rear sight lasers specifically (never had one) but I did have a CTC at one time on a G17... the problem is that the laser is too far off the center line of the bore. You can zero it for whatever distance you want, but it's only good at that point- now it is close at other distances.

The one thing that grip laser taught me is how much I shake when I hold a pistol- pointing the thing across the bedroom it just wobbeled all over the place.

One of these days I want to try the laser max guide rod- but I'm going to have to try it before I buy one.

Those are activated by your pressure on the grip. They do add a bit of thickness to the grip, but not enough to be an issue.
I personally have a Viridian C5L on my XD40. LOVE it!

rear sight laser has a very small button on the back side of the left part of the laser rear sight. Laser shines out of the right side. Batteries go in the left side. Button on the back side of the battery compartment.

Back
Top Bottom