Recent observations about ODT

jsimon42085

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
154   0
Reaction score
Went back and forth several times about posting - but decided that I needed to get it off my chest.

If you are reading this I want to make several points clear about this post:
1. Look at my join date. I am not some new member joining just to rant. I have been with ODT from back in the days when it was still GeorgiaGunTrader (or whatever it was called - had a kid 15 months ago and have since lost my memory).
2. This is NOT a compliant against ODT. I visit this site several times an hour. I'm addicted. One of the best communities out there.
3. I have met some of the coolest, most down-to-earth people via this site.

With that out of the way - on to the observation. I remember in the early days when members used to post in the various classified sections with trade interests that said "no crossbows, black powder, or nazi memorabilia". Beyond that we used to PM each other and gauge interest with different trade ideas. I have gone through my share of guns, and many of the trades that I executed were for guns that I hadn't even considered; still own some of those guns today.

I have recently observed that this site is slowly transitioning from theoutdoorsTRADER to theoutdoorsSELLER. I am not going to get into the whole issue of people calling something with 12,000 rds down the pipe LNIB and all that. For me part of the excitement and experience was getting a PM and not knowing what potential exciting trade offer you'd see. Now I (jokingly) fear for my life to even offer a trade on some posts.

Anyways - just my observation, your mileage may vary.

wish there was more trading rather than some of the stupidest pricing to ever be seen.I rarely ever do a buy cause I dont have the bucks but I will be a tradin fool fo sho.

I have recently observed that this site is slowly transitioning from theoutdoorsTRADER to theoutdoorsSELLER.
I'm not sure I'm following the issue. Or you saying more selling vs trading is a bad thing? I'm annoyed when I see "for trade only".
You can 'trade' your gun for cash and use that same cash to 'trade' for another gun.
Why would selling keep you out of obtaining anything? :confused: If you are cash low, SELL what you'd otherwise trade. You'll have many more interested parties.
"For trade only" has kept me from expressing interest on several things I might otherwise purchase.

Really? All I do, for the most part, is trade. Nobody seems to have any money right now so trading around to try new stuff has been the only option.

wish there was more trading rather than some of the stupidest pricing to ever be seen.I rarely ever do a buy cause I dont have the bucks but I will be a tradin fool fo sho.

And I always say - people are entitled to put whatever price tag they want. No joke though - in a particular section that I frequently visit - there was an item that kept being relisted for over a year (at least).

Well I came on here just expecting to sell. As you can see I have only been on for a few months and have actually done two trades on here (to my surprise). I've recently recognized the value of trading as you can really become much happier than just loosing a bunch of money on a cash sale. I guess it all depends on what you are wanting. But at any rate, in the situations where I've only sold, it never bothered me to have PM's regarding trades. Heck, I've made PM trade offers to posters stating "sale only". If I receive a PM and it's something I don't want, I just respectfully and thankfully decline. Heck some of the trade offers I have received have been very enticing.

At any rate, being that I'm still new here, I can't really comment on what it used to be like. What I can say is that the only constant is change. That goes for anywhere. As I've come to terms with this, transitions have been much easier to cope with. After all, nobody really likes change.

GLWT! :D

Back
Top Bottom