Recent observations about ODT

I'm not sure I'm following the issue. Or you saying more selling vs trading is a bad thing? I'm annoyed when I see "for trade only".
You can 'trade' your gun for cash and use that same cash to 'trade' for another gun.
Why would selling keep you out of obtaining anything? :confused: If you are cash low, SELL what you'd otherwise trade. You'll have many more interested parties.
"For trade only" has kept me from expressing interest on several things I might otherwise purchase.

^^^This^^^ - Selling is just trading with cash.

I'm not sure I'm following the issue. Or you saying more selling vs trading is a bad thing? I'm annoyed when I see "for trade only".
You can 'trade' your gun for cash and use that same cash to 'trade' for another gun.
Why would selling keep you out of obtaining anything? :confused: If you are cash low, SELL what you'd otherwise trade. You'll have many more interested parties.
"For trade only" has kept me from expressing interest on several things I might otherwise purchase.

It's not an issue I have, just an observation. There are always exceptions.
And that is a good point - if someone offers you $$$ which enables you to get the item you want- why not?

And I always say - people are entitled to put whatever price tag they want. No joke though - in a particular section that I frequently visit - there was an item that kept being relisted for over a year (at least).

and I bet its at the same price it started?

Well I came on here just expecting to sell. As you can see I have only been on for a few months and have actually done two trades on here (to my surprise). I've recently recognized the value of trading as you can really become much happier than just loosing a bunch of money on a cash sale. I guess it all depends on what you are wanting. But at any rate, in the situations where I've only sold, it never bothered me to have PM's regarding trades. Heck, I've made PM trade offers to posters stating "sale only". If I receive a PM and it's something I don't want, I just respectfully and thankfully decline. Heck some of the trade offers I have received have been very enticing.

At any rate, being that I'm still new here, I can't really comment on what it used to be like. What I can say is that the only constant is change. That goes for anywhere. As I've come to terms with this, transitions have been much easier to cope with. After all, nobody really likes change.

GLWT! :D

Selling is a good thing, don't get me wrong. I've seen several items that were for sale only, but were DARN GOOD prices. Had I funds they would have been mine.

The random trades used to really annoy me, and then an offer landed me a GoPro + cash and I was thrilled since that was what I was going to buy with the proceeds anyway.

I always try to keep an open mind now about this stuff.

What really bugs me now is the same guy offering me his crappy AR and just copying and pasting the listing into the email.

Not even a "thought you might be interested in this" intro.

Back
Top Bottom