Recommendation: Simple Trust Software (Mac OSX or Online)

I left my kid off my trust since he is not old enough to own NFA items. Once he is old enough, I am still not sure I want him to own them.

Yeah, mine's not old enough yet, but when he is I will include him. I'm trying to raise him the ways and teach him the respect that my father taught me when it comes to firearms, people, life, nature, etc.

Yeah, mine's not old enough yet, but when he is I will include him. I'm trying to raise him the ways and teach him the respect that my father taught me when it comes to firearms, people, life, nature, etc.

Save yourself the money and use the trust I linked to above. When your kid is old enough, you can add him as a Trustee.

I have the DK Trust as well, and it was fine for me before I had a child. Once I had a child, and inheritance issues became an issue, I had a trust lawyer review. He recommended some changes to strengthen the inheritance section of the trust, and I went with the changes. All this to say if you are not concerned with the inheritance aspect, go with the Quicken trust. If there are inheritance issues, then I would get a stronger trust from a lawyer. Going rates seem to be $200 - $350.

So by default having kids makes it more expensive and complicated? That sounds about right. :) I wouldn't place them in the inheritance of it as I would my wife or perhaps after that my parents in line. A few generous ODT brothers on here have offered to share their experience with doing a trust. So along with that I may consult an attorney to make sure my i's are dotted and t's are crossed. Thanks!

Thank you all for the information, the links and the shared examples and information. You guys are truly the best. I don't say that with any false sincerity. Since moving to Georgia from Ohio a little over 2 years ago, you all have become my main resource of information, help, my main source of friends and some I consider family. And in a sense I consider you all collectively as my Georgia family. Thank you so much. Merry Christmas!

So by default having kids makes it more expensive and complicated? That sounds about right. :) I wouldn't place them in the inheritance of it as I would my wife or perhaps after that my parents in line. A few generous ODT brothers on here have offered to share their experience with doing a trust. So along with that I may consult an attorney to make sure my i's are dotted and t's are crossed. Thanks!

Of course they do. :D My wife is a Trustee so she has equal access to everything. In the event we are both gone, and my son is still not of legal age, there is inheritance language stating how the items are held until he is of legal age.

Back
Top Bottom