• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommendations for 34mm Scope mount for an AR10

The cantilever ain't enough in this case. If you've had Ultramounts for a year, you need to try it.

Funny enough how it's worked on everything from M4's and up for SOCOM until this point.
I have tried it. I've got a drawer full of unimounts and ultra mounts. Look how long your Nightforce scopes are. If you're running ultra shorts like s&B's or vudus or any of the compact scopes on the market and you only have a top base on a 700 style action, you could run into issues with eye relief because you have no fore-aft play due to small spacing between the turret and rings.

I'm not sure why this is a difficult concept that the few options made in the ultra mount don't work for every single scope and platform combo. Of course they work for the military because they were designed for a specific platform with specific scope designs. They were built for contracts. That's why they were also designed in very specific heights, which won't always work for everyone either. This seems to be common sense to me.

Nobody's knocking the ultramount. I've got them on certain platforms. I'm running them right now in both the 1.5 and 1.9s and I like them a lot, but they can't cover as many platforms and use cases right now as the unimounts can. I don't think that's really a debatable point.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

The rifle that I intend to put this on has a 24" bull barrel. Not you typical AR10.
I have decided to go with the 5x25.
It currently has a Millet 6x24 but I am looking to upgrade a little

Attachments

• 20210619_205706.jpg
    20210619_205706.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 22
I have tried it. I've got a drawer full of unimounts and ultra mounts. Look how long your Nightforce scopes are. If you're running ultra shorts like s&B's or vudus or any of the compact scopes on the market and you only have a top base on a 700 style action, you could run into issues with eye relief because you have no fore-aft play due to small spacing between the turret and rings.

I'm not sure why this is a difficult concept that the few options made in the ultra mount don't work for every single scope and platform combo. Of course they work for the military because they were designed for a specific platform with specific scope designs. They were built for contracts. That's why they were also designed in very specific heights, which won't always work for everyone either. This seems to be common sense to me.

Nobody's knocking the ultramount. I've got them on certain platforms. I'm running them right now in both the 1.5 and 1.9s and I like them a lot, but they can't cover as many platforms and use cases right now as the unimounts can. I don't think that's really a debatable point.

This.

There's a set of ARC M10 34mm rings for sale in the optics section. Same as what I already have (height) otherwise I would have bought them. 34mm, medium height. If you don't need cantilever and the height is right, they are very very good rings, but not many folks know about them...

You and SpeedyR SpeedyR are correct. Currently in use on my platform's:

NF Uni
NF Ultra
ARC
Spuhr
Geissele
Unity
DNZ (1" tubes)

I've got a hodgepodge of mounts depending on application. For 3-gun rifles I've been using Midwest Industries QD 30mm cantilever due to the latches on the right side (left side charging Gibbs upper), American Defense QD, and Geissele 30mm cantilever on traditional charging handle upper. .308 AR has a 34mm Midwest Industries cantilever QD and a Rem700 with SPUHR 20MOA 30mm. I have two SPUHR 34mm mounts free (SP-4011 and SP-4601), one with 0 MOA and the other 20 MOA built in.

Back
Top Bottom