• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommendations For AR15 Trigger Replacement

Leveraction44

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
33   0
Reaction score
I have a Sig 516 AR15 with the standard stock "Military Trigger". There was once upon a time that I would have been satisfied with that trigger. Those days appear to be behind me. I don't need the best target trigger with the associated high cost. I would like to get one at a reasonable price that is much better than the present one. So you AR15 Guru's lay some wisdom on me.

ALG ACT trigger is a nickle boron coated trigger group that is very smooth and crisp. I pair that trigger set with a set of JP Enterprises Reduced Power Springs. The trigger is 69 bucks and the spring set is around 11-12 bucks. It provides you with a very crisp, smooth and about a 4lb trigger which is perfect for a non-competition gun. I use this combo in most of my builds because of the result to cost ratio. It just doesn't get any better unless you spend 120 for the JP adj. trigger which takes an extreme amount of patients or a 200 dollar drop in unit. I see so many of those drop in triggers for sale it make me wonder about their performance. However, everyone on here that uses the ALG trigger set they have nothing to say but good things about it. So for just over 80 bucks you get a great trigger set. I even get tremendous results at the range with that set up. I manage to keep a couple of my more accurate guns under 1/2 MOA with the ALG ACT trigger and JP Enterprises reduced power spring kit.

Now if you have a little patients then the JP enterprises adj. trigger set is a good way to go as well. It come with two set of springs. A tactical set and a competition set. Is a very light set. It's will provide a 2.5lb. pull. I have installed a couple and they are very light. If fact they are so light they aren't real crisp so to speak it just lets go fires and has a short reset. Of cours all that depends on how you adjust it.I would still go with the ALG set for you first go round.

Another vote for ALG ACT. I'm getting ready to replace my old (1994) trigger that was doubling up last time I took it to the range. BTW, it is in a 7.62x39 hunting gun that was retired a while back for a 308 and has seen many cases of ammo.

Low budget ALG ACT. Big budget Geissele SSA-e . I have 5 of those in guns and the SSA-e is awesome. Geissele is great and makes nice stuff with great customer service

Back
Top Bottom