• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recreational Pot; has your view changed?

Do you think marijuana should be decriminalized and taxed as a commodity?

• Total voters
What say y'all? My view is to decriminalize it, tax it. Sell it. Recreationally. No use in jamming the CJ System with low level pot busts. It's kinda getting silly. Have your views changed?

No, Drugs is Drugs to me!! I know I'm old and set in my ways but I can't stand Drug Users. That Drug money could go to our homeless people of to SAVE SHELTER DOGS!!

Alcohol, weed, pills, whatever. I've seen all of them in combinations and severally ruin lives. Not just the dope head's, their kids' lives are wrecked too.

A lot of folks don't need help from substances to make bad choices. We should all be entitled to ruin our lives as we see fit, as long as we ruin our own lives, and not the lives of others. Government need not involve itself.

Hell, how many lives did the government ruin with "everyone should own a home, therefore anyone can get a mortgage" free money model?

No, Drugs is Drugs to me!! I know I'm old and set in my ways but I can't stand Drug Users. That Drug money could go to our homeless people of to SAVE SHELTER DOGS!!

In 1989, I bought into the "Just say no" campaign. The compelling reason for me was the violence perpetrated by the illegal drug trade, both here and in countries where the drugs were made or transited.

As I've gotten older, I've come to accept the war on drugs is a business, just as the drugs themselves are. We could have ended the violence by legalizing and taxing. But there are too many folks feeding at the government trough to let that happen.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I just pointed out that mind altering substance abuse ruins more lives than just the person using. ODs, jail time, disease and death are common. I know a lot of people that have died from liver disease and it's an ugly, messy, painful way to die.

I've dealt with kids whose parent chose drugs over them. What the **** do you think that does to a child's psyche? They never get over that ****, ever. Add to that the associated costs of caring that are paid by productive members of society? Drugs are bad.

Leave it up to each state... California, Colorado etc can legalize it and Georgia and Alabama can keep it illegal... in 10 years we will know if it's a good idea or not

I don't want it legal though.

Back
Top Bottom