• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Red dot issue

truck56

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
41   0
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this. Didn't see a category for scopes so here we go. I recently got around to purchasing a red dot for my Glock model 40. I bought a Vortex Venom red dot. I own several Vortex products and never an issue. Got the red dot mounted on the gun and anew battery installed with the cap on right and it tightened. When I turn the red dot on it stays on for maybe five seconds and turns off. This happens every time I turn it on. Has anyone else have had this happen?

Make sure the battery is inserted properly I guess? I did this with a Holosun before felt like a real dummy when i realized I kept putting it in upside down. Otherwise Vortex CS is supposed to be great. Contact them

Vortex will get it right . My Venom is on its way back home . The dot looked more like a cluster than a dot and it would not dim . I send it in about 2 weeks ago . Seems like their customer service is top notch .

Vortex has great CS. I have a Vortex on my G17 and one of the mounting screws backed out I guess from recoil or I just had a brain fart and didn't tighten it. Anyway I noticed it was gone, called Vortex and told them of my stupidity and was prepared to purchase a new screw. They said no problem we will send you a screw free of charge. Package arrived several days later with three screws, no charge not even a shipping fee.

Back
Top Bottom