• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Red Flag laws.

No crime committed, take the guns anyway?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm against any changes, however,
If, like the Dayton shooter, is mentally ill, bipolar, expresses desires to kill innocents, all short of "being sentenced for a felony" but are much more important than someone that say, committed a white collar fraud, and was sentenced to 2 years. Is that, although a felony, more of a threat than a mentally ill, bipolar person that has written manifesto's of death and destruction and their desire to kill >>
Change my mind,
You didn’t make a statement of what your mind is. You asked a question.
How can we change your mind about something you haven’t decided?

I'm against any changes, however,
If, like the Dayton shooter, is mentally ill, bipolar, expresses desires to kill innocents, all short of "being sentenced for a felony" but are much more important than someone that say, committed a white collar fraud, and was sentenced to 2 years. Is that, although a felony, more of a threat than a mentally ill, bipolar person that has written manifesto's of death and destruction and their desire to kill >>
Change my mind,

I’m with you. I am in no way open to a general BAN on anything, BUT there are some MFs out there who stay juuuust under that felony threshold who are loopier than a bowl of Cheerios. I’ve met a few of them in my life who have threatened to kill family, themselves, and the public, but only one ever had their firearms taken. That one in particular is not a concern anymore. I don’t know how these folks are protected, but they are.

Reform is needed, but the implementation needs to be specific enough where a few ill-intentioned people can’t report an innocent person and have their rights stripped without reason. Due process in an obvious must with extensive background checks and what not. I’m no expert with all the answers, but collectively this can be figured out. One problem is that politicians are scum and will do whatever is in their best interest as it pertains to their career and wallet.

Many people who have been admitted into a mental health facility (I mean the crazy mf and not John Doe who lost his wife and had a bout of depression) will never be recognized during background checks because that information is kept confidential. It is up to them to be honest during the firearm sale, but we know how honest criminals/planning criminals are. However, individual rights are generally more important than the greater good, so I doubt anything will happen. Maybe it takes interacting personally with one of these people to change your mind.

It's one factor, one bit of evidence to take into consideration, when you want people's first image of your online presence to be somebody screaming F******* Y******! Ditto for having a skull tattoo on your face, choosing "Walking DeathDealer" as your screen name, and bragging how you dip your hollowpoint bullets in your own feces and seal the tips with wax to make them more lethal to the people you'll shoot. All are signs of people who have mental problems.

Your statement is clearly filled with hate and violence toward people that are different from you and a sign of mental illness. When you return from sabbatical give up your guns and turn yourself in at the closest red flag internment camp. It's what's best for the people.

Your statement is clearly filled with hate and violence toward people that are different from you and a sign of mental illness. When you return from sabbatical give up your guns and turn yourself in at the closest red flag internment camp. It's what's best for the people.

lol

Back
Top Bottom