• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading Bench Plans

CurtM85

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
7   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have any plans they mind sharing for a reloading bench? I am getting into reloading and was going to buy a bench but figured I could get more bang for my buck building it myself. Plus I am a DIY kind of guy and think I would get more enjoyment out of it if I built it.

Thanks for any help.

reloadingbenchplans1.gif
http://reloading-bench-plans.blogspot.com/ My nephew and I both used plan #1, he for reloading and me for building AR's.
Solid and relatively cheap. Get the plywood cut to size at Home Depot or Lowes: it was much easier to transport and I didn't have to dig out my saw horses.

Check out the 2x4 kits at northern tool. Not too shabby for the price and make a good looking bench. I think my buddy just built one last weekend and it was in the 150 range for all the wood and everything

Thanks everyone. A question I guess I should have asked is how much the lumber and materials cost on these benches?

The basic 2x4 kit from Northern Tool is $70 and depending on the size you want it, you may be able to build it with just one sheet of plywood and 2 or 3 full length 2x4s. I haven't priced wood lately but that should keep you somewhere around $100, maybe less. This is what I did for my bench, but I left out the middle shelf. For weight and sturdiness, I recommend 3/4 inch plywood. Also, if you go this route, try to avoid douglas fir 2x4s. I stripped a couple of Phillips bits before I decided to drill pilot holes for the screws, and broke a couple of drill bits doing that also.

Back
Top Bottom