• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading chairs

I’m building my first bench this week, what height are your benches? I’m 5’8” and was thinking between 36”-40”

I’m using one of the old Craftsman shop stools with the back, they work great, kinda like what Jeffdt is using, find them at the auto parts store for about $88.

I'm currently using a stool with wheels but it doesn't have a back, I built my table to match the height of the stool and to give me enough leverage on the press. Its not comfortable at all. I'm looking at all the options you all are recommending, I do like the drafting chairs but I believe It might be to tall for my bench and my bench is to short for me to stand up unless I move it to my bench in the garage, I'm 6'3 so I build my standing work benches a little taller so I'm working at a waist height.

I stand when I reload. I have one of the cheaper sams hardwood top tables. It has a crossover that I put a 2x6 on and stack bullets. The extra weight makes the table a lot more stable. It seems like sitting would be awkward.

Well my wonderful girlfriend went and bought me a drafting chair today for Christmas. It doesn't have much cushion in the butt part, its more like memory foam. But doesn't have arms so thats a plus. I'm planning on ordering a dillon 750 in the next couple weeks and was going to get a taller chair for the press to sit higher incase I do want to load but I'll have to make the new bench to match the height of the chair instead. I am going to get the strong mount for the 750 as the first accessory.

Back
Top Bottom