• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading for a Kahr CW45 with tight chamber

wallacem

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
163   0
Reaction score
Another little reloading hint for those of you with a Kahr CW45 pistol. Every Kahr 45 I have seen seems to have a tight chamber. Most have an issue with reloads. I reloaded as usual and then I ran the finished reload thru my 444 sizing die. Made it just right for the Kahr chamber. Wallace

Another little reloading hint for those of you with a Kahr CW45 pistol. Every Kahr 45 I have seen seems to have a tight chamber. Most have an issue with reloads. I reloaded as usual and then I ran the finished reload thru my 444 sizing die. Made it just right for the Kahr chamber. Wallace
Yup, only issue I’ve had with mine is from reloads. Too short causes issues.

Never a cw45 but I had an issue with a cw40 you could not stick in 180gr factory ammo and cycle the round through it with the slide, you would basically have to fire it to clear it. but 165gr ammo would cycle fine in it.

You are intended to remove the mag, then cycle the loaded round out. It will normally fall through the mag well.

The one I had it would not cycle, you had to put it on the edge of a counter and put as much pressure on the edge of the slide and force the slide back you could not cycle it with your hands

Mine only did that with 180gr bullets 165 it was fine, currently have a K40 the all steel one and I have had no issues with it, just the CW line have I had issues.

One solution to this would be the 'official' version of what wallacem wallacem recommends.

Lee makes a Handgun carbide crimp die which does two things - applies a taper crimp as noted in the name, but ALSO does a final pass on resizing the brass to eliminate any case expansion that may have happened during the reloading process. If you don't want a crimp, you can back it out with the adjustment screw and you'll just have the resizing.

I have no experience with 45ACP, but this solved the problem I was having in chambering reloaded 9mm in my CZ 75.

Back
Top Bottom