• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading Question

ReganR6

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
BMF
132   0
Reaction score
Do people who reload really save that much money compared to people who buy bulk ammo? Specifically for the 300 and 6.8? I was thinking about getting into reloading ,but it its going to be years before I see any savings I might as well for now just keep buying in bulk? Right?

For pistol calibers you'll save a couple of bucks but that will be quickly offset by shooting more.
Rifle rounds consider reloading to improve performance of your rifle/ammo. You can fine tune a load for your needs. You won't save any money but you'll increase your accuracy.
If you just want to shoot more buy in bulk.

It depends on what you feel your time is worth. If you have a busy schedule and find you are struggling to find time to get things done including time to shoot then go with bulk. Reloading is very time consuming. My kids are grown and out of the house so I have plenty of time that I spend on reloading instead of watching some rerun on the boob tube.
You will save money and you can also customize your pistol loads for competition shooting. There are also therapeutic properties to reloading. At least for me.

can't say as to rifle calibers as I no longer reload those as I don't hunt anymore!
and a lot of what the previous have stated is true!
you can load a much better ammo than you can buy and you can tune ammunition to your guns or a particular gun.
for me I do not save a bundle reloading 9 MM, 38 Spl.
but my cost (even now with the shortages) runs like this- 38 Super 6.50 per box, 10 MM 10.25 per box, 45 acp 10.25 per box, 9 MM and 380 run about 6.00 per box.
add around 2 dollars a box for quality modern hollow points in boxes of 50 and you can judge for yourself what you save.
cost depends a lot on where you buy your components as well and in what quantities.

Depends on caliber. I've paid for my reloading items with 3000 rounds of 300blk when I load them. LOL.

Depends on caliber. I've paid for my reloading items with 3000 rounds of 300blk when I load them. LOL.

Really? Could you send me a PM with details. I really wouldn't mind getting into reloading ,but if there is no real savings then I would just keep buying ammo when I find it on sale instead.

Yes you can save money reloading. When I was reloading for the 300 Ultra Mag, 100 rounds with premium bullet cost me around $90 to reload. New factory ammo with proud bullets were $50-65 a box and up for 20 rounds.

It all depends on what you are reloading for a cost comparison. I got into reloading for building accurate ammo and cost savings.

Back
Top Bottom