• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington 700 firing without pulling trigger?

Well known issue. There was a recall, but I've heard it didn't work too good. The guy thatinvented the trigger for Remington was very aware of the issue. Remington cut corners to save money causing the issue. Enter your serial# on this link to see if the recall covers it.

https://xmprecall.remington.com

This is very old news and they have never been able to reproduce it on any rifle that it was claimed to have happened that had not been modified. Look for the Remington rebuttal video. It's very enlightening.

Any trigger can be adjusted to unsafe levels. One of the fundamental things a gun smith (or anyone else) should do after making a trigger adjustment is called a "Drop Test". You basically slam the butt of the rifle into the ground with the safety off to make sure the trigger won't activate.

Well known issue. There was a recall, but I've heard it didn't work too good. The guy thatinvented the trigger for Remington was very aware of the issue. Remington cut corners to save money causing the issue. Enter your serial# on this link to see if the recall covers it.

https://xmprecall.remington.com
This is not true. Watch the rebuttal.

That is remington side of the story. If you have time (its pretty long) watch the cnbc story on it. They interview the inventor in this video also.
I have watched it, repeatedly. The inventor was ambushed, is a very old man and was guided into talking about documents that were made while the rifle was still under development a decade before the 700 came to market. The trigger issues he speaks of were fixed long before the first 700 was ever sold.

Also note that Remington very clearly says that not a single unmodified 700 has ever shown this issue even when tested by the plaintiff's experts. This includes the very rifles that are claimed to have done this. So it's not just what Remington is saying.

How can you legitimately state that the trigger issues were fixed long before it went to market? Watch this video....no firearm should ever fire without the trigger being pulled.

How can you legitimately state that the trigger issues were fixed long before it went to market? Watch this video....no firearm should ever fire without the trigger being pulled.
Any trigger can be improperly adjusted so it will fire when it shouldn't. I've owned two bolt action rifles, one semi auto rifle and one semi auto pistol that would fire when they weren't supposed to. Both bolt action would fire as the bolt was close. I had adjusted the trigger in both of them too light and had to readjust them so they were safe. Both of them were Winchester Model 70s. The pistol was a Para Ordinance that a gunsmith screwed up on and the semi auto rifle was a M1a that someone had taken too much metal off of the trigger assembly. Both the pistol and M1a would bump fire. The guy in your video even says he adjusted the trigger "to it's lowest setting". I can guarantee he had no clue what he was doing and screwed it up.

Also, if this is an externally adjustable trigger, it's not the Walker, which is the subject of the documentary. If it is the Walker, Remington has always said it should only be adjusted by a qualified gunsmith.

How can people screw around and do things they aren't supposed to be doing and then blame the manufacturer for the problem?

Back
Top Bottom