• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington 700 firing without pulling trigger?

Except no one is having issues with tikka, savage, Winchester, tc, Bergara or ANY other manufacturers triggers. It seems the idiots who own remington triggers are advanced idiots.
the man that designed the 700 already stepped out and said it was flawed from the jump... a while back

Muzzle control makes an accidental discharge pretty much harmless.

Complacency and the lack of muzzle control, accompanied with "I thought it was unloaded" is why bad **** happens.

All my guns are alway loaded. I will unload to clean, but right afterwards, it's lock and load.

I point my Bersa 380 auto in a safe direction when placing on safety for the hammer drop. I just can't get around the thought of it going off and looking like an idiot, because I had it pointed in an unsafe direction.

+3 on the triggertech... one heck of a trigger for the $$.. I actually preferred the Shilen trigger to Timneys but now it's triggertech..

the old walker trigger had two faults... it allowed the user to adjust the sear engagement and it could have a problem if you never cleaned the trigger.or sprayed it down with some gummy oil(wd40). fine trigger if properly maintained... how many of you ever, much less annually cleaned the trigger or bolt on one...

oh yeah my rifle of choice ... the 700

I've owned a handful of 700's and still have four of them. Never had a problem. That being said, ANYTHING that is mass produced in those quantities is bound to have something out of spec from time to time. Could have been made on a Friday before quittin' time or 1st thing on a Monday. As others (more qualified than me) have stated, replace the trigger and shoot the hell out of a fine rifle.

Those of y'all with Rem700's with these dangerous triggers, they're obviously flawed and worthless, so send them my way and I'll take of them for you.

You should have seen the hell we put our M40A1's through in the Corps. They had Walker triggers, never seen an issue with them.

My primary rifle has an old Walker trigger that has been disassembled, stoned, and reassembled by an old USMC 2112. Breaks like a glass rod at 1.75lbs and has done so in all temps for almost 15 years now.

Every company has a product leave the plant now and then that should have. The more complicated the machinery, the more likely it is to happen.

I'm always surprised to see guys on a gun forum quote mainstream media sources as gospel, when they decry their shenanigans at every other turn.

I bought a brand new Remington 700 with that new x-mark trigger in 270win a few years ago. and never every tried modifying the trigger or nothing it was all factory and it miss fired on me twice once in the deer stand when I took the safety off and once when I was trying to unload it.. I sent it back to Remington they claim to fixed it but I would never trust it again after watching that video on 60 minutes because I experienced it myself i'm just thankful when mine went off nobody got hurt or killed. I believe they are junk and ''very'' dangerous rifles. I would never buy another one. they is so many other nice rifles out there without this problem. I went with a browning a bolt and been very happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom