• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington Rolling block butt stock pics

What I was getting at is, you may want to test the chamber with a .32S&W before getting much deeper into it and make sure the diameters are the same. I tried a couple of different cases including a .32H&R mag just looking for brass to make shells from but most of it was too large in diameter to chamber in a .32RF. The chamber on mine is actually something like .300 or .308 if I remember right. It's my understanding that .32 colt either short or long will fit the rimfire chamber but it too is obsolete and hard to find.
Good luck

Last edited:
Already got that covered lol. Colly Jackson is gonna ream it out for me to 32S&W. right now it a fees thousands to tight to fit. Ammo for that caliber is readily availible.

- - - Updated - - -

Already got that covered lol. Colly Jackson is gonna ream it out for me to 32S&W. right now it a few thousands to tight to fit. Ammo for that caliber is readily availible.

Good deal,
I just knew from my trials and tribulations that it was gonna be real close and I didn't think it would fit without some tweaking.
Now you've got me rethinking the little shotty cases Hmmmm

I respect your veiw on the convertion from 22LR to17 Mach 2. It has a new octagon .925 heavy barrel I have titainum pins for the action which is whatis considered the weak link.
To take 441/2 and convert it 17 mach2 would be like taking a Ruger number 1 and making a Remington 5mm out of it. I would love to find a 44 1/2 afor a K hornet convetion or a BSA cadet to convert to .556 caliber. i have done everything I can to ensure that I wont put my eye out!
I have a ruger #3 hornet that I am goning to sell or will do a convertion to, if I do convert it it will be in .556/not .223 and it wil be rebarreled with a heavy octagon barrel 18.5 inches long. just cant justfy the 500 + for the barrel yet so I have it for sale.

Luck to ya Sir. The primary breakage link on the Favorites was the breech block screw not the pins. Stevens continually increased its diameter from the early 94 Models thru the end of production and yet still had many repair jobs for this screw even with the 22 LRs. In addition, I have seen and repaired at least two Favorites that tore out the breech block at the screw loops due to age and injudicous use of HV 22 LR ammo. If you must proceed use extreme caution and always wear ballistic eyepro with this combination. (I still recommend against the combination as too much for a near 100 year old rifle of poor initial design and poor initial quality.)

And yes, the 44 1/2 is a large action. Tons of them came from the factory in 22 LR. But, this action actually has metal behind the breech block to retain the breech...the Favorite does not.

Again, Luck to you!

Here is some Cherry that I picked up today for an attempt at a custom stock. I think you can see where the stock will be cut out of this one!! Just hope I don't screw it up lol

17 mach 2 convetion 001.jpg17 mach 2 convetion 002.jpg17 mach 2 convetion 005.jpg17 mach 2 convetion 006.jpg17 mach 2 convetion 007.jpg
Here are the pictures
1st is of the stock forearm action with octagon barrel an old barrel above
2nd old stock
3rd barrel comparison
4th one side of the stock wet to show grain and the crescent but plate
5th the other side wet.
the stock has voids and holes that will stay just as is as it adds character and style.
I have to heat the tangs and close them uo as they have been spread open in the past. I just came up with an original Lyman rear peep sight mad for the 1915 favorite. I have to make have milll a set of rings for the barrel as i also have vintage 10x scope to mount on it.

Back
Top Bottom