• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington Rolling block butt stock pics

Not a whole lot of work accomplished lately. Between work and now a two week school I have been rather busy and this school is getting 100% of my time. But on the other hand I did pick up another barrel that has a much tighter lock up. I would take a pic but my camera on my phone has crapped out and haven't had time to get it fixed. So maybe week after next I will have time to get back to it.

And if anybody has a action block spring I need one lol. It works the trigger and extractor and hammer. If not I will eventually get around to ordering it.

So that other barrel I picked up was a 25 rimfire. The seller was not aware, so to make up the mistake he sent me the action and few screws and pins h had left. So now that I have passed my class and finished with school I plan on starting back on this rifle. I also ordered a spring tonight so I hope I will be good on parts.

Well I have started on my own but stock. Here is what I have so far. I have most of the back half shaped and need to get the front inletted and turned foe the 3/4 inch shank so I can mate it up to the receiver for final fitting and blending of the contour. My camera died so I used the wifes phone and it has a white flash so the grain is hard on this cherry wood. As for now there is still enough meet on the wood for a final sanding.

It was the block of wood in one of my previous posts. Between tracing the outline, cutting it out with a band saw, and using a hand rasp and sandpaper I have about 5 hours in it. Not perfect, my first attempt at this lol.

It was the block of wood in one of my previous posts. Between tracing the outline, cutting it out with a band saw, and using a hand rasp and sandpaper I have about 5 hours in it. Not perfect, my first attempt at this lol.

That's shaping up quite nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing more progress.

Wow that is amazing to see something like that made by hand.

It could have been done a lot faster with power tool but I got thinking and if I took to much off the stock would become kindling lol. A more experienced person could do this with no problem I am sure. Learning as I go.

Back
Top Bottom