• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Replacement Fuel Pump Question...

check the connection size, i ran into this problem even with the vin....there is a 5/16 and a 3/8 line size. double check which one you have

i cant find anything on any of the sites im looking at that specifies line sizes. only thing is wheelbase size, im guessing that would do with line size (bigger for longer wheelbase)??

Ooo yes, i do need to do that. gonna research that right now.

You probably have a bad pump, your on the right path. Checking fuel pressure would tell you if your pump is bad! Prob 45/60 lbs you never said how many miles on the truck. If you have over 150 , it's prob the pump the last 9 of the vin will tell you all you need for the correct pump

i cant find anything on any of the sites im looking at that specifies line sizes. only thing is wheelbase size, im guessing that would do with line size (bigger for longer wheelbase)??

i never could find anything on line sizes either, i just had to slide under there and look. your fuel filter is inside the frame under the driver seat, that will be your easiest place to check

You probably have a bad pump, your on the right path. Checking fuel pressure would tell you if your pump is bad! Prob 45/60 lbs you never said how many miles on the truck. If you have over 150 , it's prob the pump the last 9 of the vin will tell you all you need for the correct pump

lol, i got 160k on it. you were almost right :cool:

i never could find anything on line sizes either, i just had to slide under there and look. your fuel filter is inside the frame under the driver seat, that will be your easiest place to check

yep, already replaced that lol. was a pain in the butt because the Fram filter i got didnt come with the little plasice peice that releases the connector from it on the engine side. had the bend the old filters neck 90 degrees so i could get release the flanges that hold it inside the connector with a little screwdriver.

Replace the inline filter when you do it. Most pumps fail because of lack of maint on the filter. Clogged filter bad pump. There is a tool for the lock lines on fords, you will need that

Replace the inline filter when you do it. Most pumps fail because of lack of maint on the filter. Clogged filter bad pump. There is a tool for the lock lines on fords, you will need that

not if you bend the old flter at the neck and use a little screw driver to release the flanges on it :) replaced last night :)

any stores that loan readers? autozone dont do it anymore, have to go to them to get it read. and dont trust driving it right now.

Try Advance, I recently rented a brake tool set ....they put the amount on your CC like you are buying it, , so you use it , return it and they issue a credit to the CC.
It actually wasn't a rent, they LOANED it..return it in same condition as you got no charge.

Back
Top Bottom