• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Replacement Fuel Pump Question...

Agreed, but they way Ford hid their defects and told their customers to pretty much piss off because it was not a "safety issue" to do a recall. Google F150's blowing out spark plugs.

ya, it was with the 2 peice ceramic plugs. if you soak them with penatrator for a few days and take your time with them, they will come out fine though. and if you crank down your plugs (any plugs) as tight as you can and then some, your gonna have issues in any manufacurer lol. i always do firm, then another 1/4 turn.

love my fords though, when they didnt take the bailout i loved em more. only thing i would own besides a ford would be a jeep wrangler, mid 90s FI model. which i been debating about selling my truck to get one. although i would love a 3 cylinder geo metro for a commuter car lol. my gf just got a 4 cylinder honda and has already hit over 200miles on half a tank......we are taking that car out from now on lol!

Just had a learning moment concerning the innate stupidity of man at the Marietta Toyota service department. Not everyone is totally new at vehicle ownership, and will fall for their BS. I'm thinking about getting an old Jeep as well. Something old enough to work on without relying on two bit conmen.

Anybody ever try to push start an M-151 :mad:

Last edited:
Just had a learning moment concerning the innate stupidity of man at the Marietta Toyota service department. Not everyone is totally new at vehicle ownership, and will fall for their BS. I'm thinking about getting an old Jeep as well. Something old enough to work on without relying on two bit conmen.

Anybody ever try to push start an M-151 :mad:

go to world toyota in chamblee if you can, my brothers a mechanic there and has nothing bad to say about that place. best toyota dealer in ga from what ive heard also. M-151...old military jeep? shouldnt be that bad to push start as long as you on a bit of a hill lol, flinstone it! lol

im leaning towards a leaky/bad injector now after looking around the net today....it can cause my fuel pressure issue as well. probably killed it when the pump went and the cpu was freaking the injectors out compensating for it lol. i really dont want to start selling stuff to pay for my truck repairs!!!! gahhhhh! :mad: also checking plugs while im there, if they look bad, new ones all around. only have about 80k on current plugs.

i do have a slight issue where after it runs for a few minutes and turn it off, when i shut the door it sounds like fluid dropping on the ground. can shut the door 3 or 4 times before it stops. passenger side of the motor, cant find where its coming from though. no gas smell to it though, though it was from the AC, but with AC off and only running a few mins and it still does it???? only one time shutting the door though. i think im gonna make it do it again, put a catcher down there and see if it lights with my lighter to see if its gas lol. its clear, so its not oil or tranny fluid (thank god). it may have been gas, but i didnt smell it because i was replacing my tank and smelling straight gas fumes for a few hours i couldnt smell that much lol.

and fixed :)

yep, #5 injector was leaking. guessing it stuck open went the fuel pump went. was so relieved after i pulled the injectors up and turned the truck on (not starting, just on) and saw gas coming out of one lol. once i got a new one in truck is back to running great.

the fluid on the ground when i shut the door is water (its for sure not gas/oil/tranny fluid/etc). it has to be from the AC pump, combination of leaking/condensation i think. i have good AC, not great, but good. sucks when stopped, good while driving type deal lol. probably something to do with that. oh well..that can wait, it aint getting hot enough for AC for a few months, so i got some time with that lol!

Back
Top Bottom