• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Revolver or semi auto what do you like best.

Gacowboy

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
172   1
Reaction score
after over 30 years of having both, I have decided to carry a revolver from now on, i just like the feel of it much better. and i am getting older and i love the old west so a revolver is it.

Last edited:
I love wheel guns. I love 1911's. I own and collect both. I think plastic pistols are about the ugliest thing produced today.

That said, I carry a Glock 19 every day. I think it is ugly as sin, yet I love it.

When I carry a wheel gun or a 1911 I have to worry about finish wear, rust, dropping it, etc. The sharp edges on my 1911 mags tore my shirts, and the seats in my truck, and the wheelguns fill up with so much lint so fast that cleaning is a nightly thing for me to prevent the gun from locking up when I need it most. I don't know that the lint would cause a problem, but I worried about it, so I did it.

When I carry a Glock, that all goes away.

I have dropped my 19 on the pavement a time or....well only once. I didn't care. I don't have to worry about rust, tearing my shirst, finish wear, lint, etc. Heck, I don't even clean it after every range trip.

It gives me 16 rounds of 9mm HST's in a package that I can not give a crap about and not worry about it not working. Honestly, I don't like the 9mm round, but my follow up shots are so much faster with it than a 40 or a 45, that I feel I am better off with the 9.

I never felt under gunned with a wheel gun on my hip, but with a modern auto, I don't have to worry about the gun.

Carry an lcp daily just because its convenient for work never gets in the way and is reliable but if i have my pick wheel guns all day long yes less round capacity than a large auto but no jams and there's just no other reliability like a good smith or ruger revolver

Wheel guns are great, but I would not carry one for self defense. They are to easy to defeat at close range. All the BG has to do is grab the cylinder and you can't fire it. If they grab a semi auto it will probably malfunction also.....on the second shot.

I like both.

Nightstand gun is a .357. I believe that it will get me to the 870 that is not to far away from the night stand.

Carry gun is a G27 with two spare G22 mags.

i like wheelguns, but i'm an autoloader guy. an old 3rd gen s&w 39 9mm primary, and my lil keltec 380. as far as target shooting, give me a good ol 686 any day.

I thought about moving over from .357sig to a 357 wheel gun but after looking at snub noses I learned that the bullet rarely stabilizes out of the short barrel and pretty much makes anything you shoot act like ball ammo.

Back
Top Bottom