• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RIBS; dry, wet, or both

Dry,Wet,or Both

• Total voters
Dry rub first. Cook for about 2 1/2 hours, then wrap them for about an hour at 250. Then put sauce on for the last 45 minutes to an hour, or until the sauce has caramelized (or not runny looking). Shake out the bone and eat.

I like wet ribs on occasion but i most mostly prefer dry ribs. My view is this: if I am served dry ribs I eat them dry and if I am served wet ribs I eat them wet. That way it’s up to the person who put all the time and effort into making them. I would never put sauce onto dry ribs because if the cook chose to do dry ribs, the spices, flavor and texture that they wanted to create would be masked by the sauce. I am usually the one doing the cooking and usually cook and serve dry rubbed ribs.

Most of what I've learned smoking comes from watching the competition guys, learning not only their techniques but the reasoning why they do what they do. Ultimately its likely overkill for just backyard family style but adding sauce to a dry rubbed rib adds another level of flavor.

I use to boil ribs til they were cooked then throw them on the grill to char them and sauce them and they way I do them now is much better .

If I am forced to cook baby's inside, I like to slice sweet onions into medallions and put them under the ribs tented in foil. I apply sauce over both and bake in the oven to steam cook..When they are done, the rib meat falls off easy and the onions are outstanding...

Before my smoker I've done this too. Made a braising liquid with vinegar, spices and other stuff and baked them then onto the grill for color and sauce.

If I am forced to cook baby's inside, I like to slice sweet onions into medallions and put them under the ribs tented in foil. I apply sauce over both and bake in the oven to steam cook..When they are done, the rib meat falls off easy and the onions are outstanding...[/Q
Good to know , if I run out'a charcoal , hickory , and don't want to make a trip to the store FoSho

Before my smoker I've done this too. Made a braising liquid with vinegar, spices and other stuff and baked them then onto the grill for color and sauce.
Add the onions underneath and get ready for a pants wetting, great explosion of the taste buds. You will have organisms!

Back
Top Bottom