• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Road trip with the in-laws Part 87

Some road trips are worth having to stop at every cast iron skillet store, candy/pecan shop, antique mall, mom and pop antique store, worlds largest Christmas shop, flea markets, museums, see a live gator gas station, vegetable / honey stand and, and petting zoos.

She took me to Whiskey Row this week.

Attachments

• IMG_1865.jpeg
    IMG_1865.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 3
Some road trips are worth having to stop at every cast iron skillet store, candy/pecan shop, antique mall, mom and pop antique store, worlds largest Christmas shop, flea markets, museums, see a live gator gas station, vegetable / honey stand and, and petting zoos.

She took me to Whiskey Row this week.
How did you like Louisville? Back in 2003, I killed a few hours at a dive bar there before heading back to Warner Robins. Kinda want to go back sometime and see what I missed.

So Whiskey Row is kind of a haunted/ghost tour?

Went up on Wednesday left this morning to come home. Galt Hotel is right down town and within a 1/2 mile walk of just about everything. Very clean and safe feeling city did not see any urban campers. I did not do any group distillery tours but walked through several on Whiskey Row. Tried Angles Envy for the first time…… delish. Past on a $120.00 bottle of Russell’s.

Met my daughter up there she lives in Indianapolis and goes into Louisville with her friends on long weekends. It was great have a tour guide.

Food was outstanding from diners to $100.00 a plate steak places.

My favorites were Doc Crows and Mussels and Burgers. Great Cuban food as well.

Going back in June.

Went up on Wednesday left this morning to come home. Galt Hotel is right down town and within a 1/2 mile walk of just about everything. Very clean and safe feeling city did not see any urban campers. I did not do any group distillery tours but walked through several on Whiskey Row. Tried Angles Envy for the first time…… delish. Past on a $120.00 bottle of Russell’s.

Met my daughter up there she lives in Indianapolis and goes into Louisville with her friends on long weekends. It was great have a tour guide.

Food was outstanding from diners to $100.00 a plate steak places.

My favorites were Doc Crows and Mussels and Burgers. Great Cuban food as well.

Going back in June.
Sounds like I need to plan a trip! I like going to new places. As a military brat, I've seen a lot of the world, but my wife hasn't. Louisville sounds pretty good!

Spent from 1969 until 1980 in Europe and Central America as an Army brat. They would not let my father retire in Panama otherwise I probably would be an expat. He retired at Ft.Stewart…. I joined the Navy. Met my wife and for the next 10 or so years she would follow the boat around the Mediterranean or where ever we were.

She had never been anywhere but Florida and Ohio before meeting me.

Back
Top Bottom