• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Road trip with the in-laws Part 87

fast306stang fast306stang

Hey Q, I’m in Fla with my extended family. We are all sitting in a giant den about to watch Wrestle Mania, and I’m reading this thread….and everybody keeps looking at me and saying “WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT!!!!”

I love you Bro, but I can just see your face all twisted up with murderous intent! I picture your FIL looking like Archie Bunker, 🤣

After playing his plastic lid like a 5 year old with a violin then drilling through the bladder buster styrofoam cup with his straw…..[insert Stang’s muderous face here]!!!!!

View attachment 7101983
Oh man, I'm dying! You've heard the stories before and seen the pictures! I hope you're having a great time in FL! I'm grinning and loling for real bc I know you totally get it 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Keep posting these stories!

Gotta say, this thread has definitely added levity to my weekend!
It lets me vent without bitching lol...but some of it is funny enough to be worth sharing and just laugh at the whole situation. In the beginning it used to make me soooo mad! But it's good to hear other people's perspectives and experiences too.

Here's a pic from a trip to FL. CQB27 CQB27 has seen this one before lmao!

Wife was driving their car, MIL riding shotgun. I finally put ear buds in to try and drown out the noise and chaos. FIL throws his foot on the center console...who does that?!?!?
20191229_132559.jpg

Here's a pic from a trip to FL. CQB27 CQB27 has seen this one before lmao!

Wife was driving their car, MIL riding shotgun. I finally put ear buds in to try and drown out the noise and chaos. FIL throws his foot on the center console...who does that?!?!?View attachment 7102085
That face in the rear view mirror!

1712448106786.gif

I know your wife adjusted the rear view to watch your painful facial expressions, 😂

Sorry. That sucks.

I got stuck with my sister-in-law's family for about a week last year in Asia. They don't like me because I am pretty sure they have been told I am a right-wing extremist, which is funny because I never discuss politics around them. They live in California and should probably stay there. I booked a different hotel from them so we would have to meet up, which provided me some time without them. As soon as we all piled into a van though, I was trapped. Her husband would only eat chicken if it's a boneless breast. He bitched incessantly, especially about traffic. Their kids mostly wanted to eat pizza. The only reason I mention it was in Asia is because there's going to be traffic and the menu isn't going to be the same as the States. It was a headache.

The sister-in-law asked if we wanted to meet them somewhere else this summer. My thought process goes through these priorities:

1. No, we can't make it.
2. We can make it, but our timelines only overlap 2-3 days.
3. We stay in different hotels and can only link up certain days.
4. My wife can join but I am not going to be able to make it.
5.) Figure out which culture endorses the notion that once a woman marries a man, she becomes part of HIS family and leaves hers for the most part. Culturally "appropriate" that culture's customs and identify only as a member of that society.

Reactions: GFB
Not home yet but just dropped them off. I survived!

One funny story, when we ate last night, I got fried chicken and FIL got fried chicken livers...He was comparing the breading and said my breading was more "chickeny."

WTF does that even mean?!?!?
There's one thing for sure. Neither you or the rest of us are getting that time back.......LOL.....

Back
Top Bottom