• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Road trip with the in-laws Part 87

5.) Figure out which culture endorses the notion that once a woman marries a man, she becomes part of HIS family and leaves hers for the most part. Culturally "appropriate" that culture's customs and identify only as a member of that society.
Hmmmm, I've always seen that the other way around.........Maybe I'll start walking backwards everywhere I go.......

It lets me vent without bitching lol...but some of it is funny enough to be worth sharing and just laugh at the whole situation. In the beginning it used to make me soooo mad! But it's good to hear other people's perspectives and experiences too.
I can tell ya what my wife said about my Dad. She said years ago on more than one occasion, if she was married to my Dad she'd have killed him.........

Here's a pic from a trip to FL. @CQB27 has seen this one before lmao!

Wife was driving their car, MIL riding shotgun. I finally put ear buds in to try and drown out the noise and chaos. FIL throws his foot on the center console...who does that?!?!?View attachment 7102085
Cut it off, problem solved......LOL.......

I said "I don't know if I can do this again" and then she says, "Yeah my mom was asking me about the next trip..."

I told her look, I can't even talk or think about that right now! Lmao! I need some recovery time!

But then I thought about it and I said, "Well, 2 vehicles or 1? I could probably do it if it's separate vehicles."

Memorial Day weekend they want to go to FL. 2 cars. I'm sure I'll have to start another thread 🤣
I don’t even ride with the wife and kids on long trips I just drive my truck therefore I don’t have to put up with there b.s.
If I get ready to come home it’s bye.that’s what getting old and cranky does.

Back
Top Bottom