Ruger 10mm 1911

The 41 mag is much heavier. However the 10mm is falls right in between the 40 S&W and the 41 mag. I just use the 41 mag because it sounds much more menacing. However muzzle energy is muzzle energy not matter what the weight of the projectile. The speed of the 41 mag I stated is the highest on the chart so it would be the lightest projectile offered.

The 41 mag is much heavier. However the 10mm is falls right in between the 40 S&W and the 41 mag. I just use the 41 mag because it sounds much more menacing. However muzzle energy is muzzle energy not matter what the weight of the projectile. The speed of the 41 mag I stated is the highest on the chart so it would be the lightest projectile offered.
Just don't get confused between velocity and energy the weight of the bullet has a lot to do how much energy is transferred or generated

I 44 special 200 grain moving along just over 800 feet per second as a lot more energy than a 9mm 115 grain round moving around 1200 feet per second

Guess ill skip that one then
I read a write up on the Ruger in 10mm and it was given the thumbs up. I would go with that or the Colt Delta Elite since they have been in production for like forever! I would go stainless whatever you get for just resistance to corrosion and they make the prettiest guns. IMHO
O2020XE-1.jpg
Damn that's a pretty gun but it's a grand at Tombstone tactical.

I am actually thinking about the Ruger 10mm in stainless. I have run into some money and I was going to start a billet 6.8 build but I would end up eventually spending 1,400 on it. Or I could go for the Ruger stainless 10mm and have another 1911. I already have two 6.8's so do I really need a third 6.8? Of course but another 1911 is tempting and the Ruger at that price is hard to beat.

I like it very much. Very accurate and reliable so far.

At less than $700, it is hard to beat.
Yeah where did you see that. 764 is the cheapest I found as well. I will have my money on Thursday so I am going to need to know these things. Hell I have seen some stores asking right at 1,000 dollars as well.

I pulled out the speer manual which gives you the formula for calculating energy. Without going into all the details, for

10mm a 155gr gives you 581 ft lbs 165gr gives 618 ft lbs and 180 gives you 675 ft lbs 200 gr gives 629 ft lbs

41 mag 200 he gives 870 ft lbs, 210 gives you 787 ft lbs and lastly 220gr gives you 880 ft lbs

The bullets coeffient has some variation between the weight which is why somerimes you get a low weight and a high weight round that has more energy than a mid-weight round, also when you get so heavy in a given cartridge you start to lose enough velocity so that don't generate enough energy. As shown above in the 10mm 200 grain. Carry on and shoot all you can afford.

Man I almost bought a glock 29 several times I just can't bring myself to buy a glock. I believe they are quality firearms I just don't like them. For the following reasons

(1) they are ugly(I know ugly girls need love too)

(2) they point naturally high for me

(3) they are ugly

(4) I don't like Smyrna (and everybody who recommends one says when you have a problem you can go there and get it fixed while you wait) I dont need any more problems, I had 3 teenage daughters at one time. That was enough problems for a life time thankfully they're all grown now

(5) they are ugly( the glocks not my daughters)

(6) did I mention they're ugly

(7) everybody else has one

(8) you know already, they are ugly
I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom