• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger 10mm 1911

The 44 mag is whole different donkey. There's some serious thump in that round. However when defending myself I would rather have a semi-auto 10mm than a six shooter 41 mag. There is some legitimacy to that argument. sometimes you just have to weigh the speed of back up shots against raw power.

The 44 mag is whole different donkey. There's some serious thump in that round. However when defending myself I would rather have a semi-auto 10mm than a six shooter 41 mag. There is some legitimacy to that argument. sometimes you just have to weigh the speed of back up shots against raw power.
Agreed, I would rather have a 10mm than a 41 mag for personal defense for human predators, not bc of capacity but bc of the greater speed of follow up shots and the greater potential of over penetration with the 41. However many would be better served slowing down their follow up shots and spending a little more time on site alignment. How many times you hear the cops fired 64 rounds hit the perp twice...

Love the Ruger SR-1911 in 10mm. Much more comfortable and accurate than my Glock 40 MOS. It's also about $400 cheaper than the Colt Delta Elite, and these days I trust Ruger a heck of a lot more than Colt for commercial products.

The gun is big, heavy and stunningly accurate. Fit and finish is as good as any sub-$2K 1911 I've seen, and the mags feed flawlessly. The recoil spring is stout, so racking it is something to be aware of. Recoil is really no worse than a 45, but I notice a lot more muzzle-flip/rise.

I've got about 300 round through it so far, and while I did have to clean it and oil it out of the box after having the first few rounds hiccup, it's run flawlessly from that first cleaning on. This is something I've seen lately in Rugers... they don't clean the gun very well before boxing them up any more.

Love the Ruger SR-1911 in 10mm. Much more comfortable and accurate than my Glock 40 MOS. It's also about $400 cheaper than the Colt Delta Elite, and these days I trust Ruger a heck of a lot more than Colt for commercial products.

The gun is big, heavy and stunningly accurate. Fit and finish is as good as any sub-$2K 1911 I've seen, and the mags feed flawlessly. The recoil spring is stout, so racking it is something to be aware of. Recoil is really no worse than a 45, but I notice a lot more muzzle-flip/rise.

I've got about 300 round through it so far, and while I did have to clean it and oil it out of the box after having the first few rounds hiccup, it's run flawlessly from that first cleaning on. This is something I've seen lately in Rugers... they don't clean the gun very well before boxing them up any more.
Thanks that's good to know

Holding out for a Bren Ten.

Modern day equivalent? Well, no DA trigger...

I fondled one at the NRA convention and there is much want for this 6" high capacity 10mm 1911...

armscor.com_images_products__product_gallery_large_BigRock_RightProfile_2.jpg

I would probably have one right now except for the rail - not a big fan of rails on 1911's. That, and the money thing.

http://armscor.com/firearms/pro-series/pro-match-ultra-6-hc-10mm/

Modern day equivalent? Well, no DA trigger...

I fondled one at the NRA convention and there is much want for this 6" high capacity 10mm 1911...

armscor.com_images_products__product_gallery_large_BigRock_RightProfile_2.jpg

I would probably have one right now except for the rail - not a big fan of rails on 1911's. That, and the money thing.

http://armscor.com/firearms/pro-series/pro-match-ultra-6-hc-10mm/

10mm never really interested me, but the Bren Ten does for a couple of different reasons:

1. It was the first
2. Sonny Crockett toted one

I'd rather be driving the dump truck.

I know I killed a lot of dear I didn't have run off after being shot with 240 grain 44 mag handgun and I know I have helped a few buddies track dear they shot with light weight 3006 and 308 bullets. Maybe I just been lucky or maybe heavy bullets do a better job killing quick. Maybe a big a** hole kills better than a little hole. I know you can't load a 10mms as hot as you can load a 41 mag and I know either one is adequate to kill man or beast. I would not hesitate to hog hunt with a 10 but if I had a mad charging piggy I would sure feel better with a 41 mag in my hand

Plenty of deer taken with a pointed stick and feathers. I got a 44 mag ive been wanting to take a deer with. Also want to take one with my 10mm.
ATM i just dont feel like hunting. Guess im getting old or lazy. Maybe both.

Back
Top Bottom