• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger LC9: Not off to a good start

The LC9 felt very similar to my PF9, but the Kel-Tec feels better and is considerably lighter. I really felt like the Ruger was going to show my PF9 up b/c I've been having ejector problems with mine. It has less than 200 rounds through it and about 20 FTE's. Until yesterday all of the FTE's had been other people shooting my gun. Since I never had one, I just figured it was them limp wristing. However, I did have one FTE yesterday and 2 when my buddy shot it. Kel-Tec sent me a new ejector and a new mag release, but told me it was from limp wristing. Interesting considering it did the same thing with the PF9 that Hickok45 reviewed. We will see if that fixes it. But, my gun still fired all day and I didn't have to put it back in the box broken after 40 rounds :) I'd say the Kel-Tec won.

Gee, I dunno...How about cuz when yer gaming system glitches you don't DIE? You don't have your customers "beta test" FIREARMS! If that's Rugers policy then maybe they should be sued till they have to close their damn doors permanently. As far back as I can remember with Ruger autos, the lesson is clear. NEVER buy one till after the first recall at least.

Yeah, I read the Gun Test article too. Kel Tec PF9 Grade A. Ruger LC9 Grade C. I wonder if the gun the OP has problems with has a magazine disconnector malfunction.

You're post shows how little you know. You would be amazed at what happens on the inside of some companies. Don't think the firearms industry is immune to the few bad apples like other industries.

You said it yourself, wait for a recall on any new Ruger auto. I think that in and of itself more than proves my point.

Just read the article in the new Gun Tests magazine last night that compared the Kel Tec and the new Ruger. They gave the advantage to the lower priced Kel Tec. It tested more accurately and they also knocked the Ruger for the mag. disconnect. I haven't had any personal experience.

I have the keltec and my son has the ruger and neither of us have had issues of any kind.

Mag disconnects on a gun that requires a trigger pull to take down are especially aggravating. It's the first thing I remove on a gun if possible. My first 2 M&Ps had them and I ditched both within a few days...

Originally Posted by mdog
As far back as I can remember with Ruger autos, the lesson is clear. NEVER buy one till after the first recall at least.

Yup. Its almost sad that Ruger has to steal a design and still cant make sure it works before it ships.

Back
Top Bottom