• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger Precision Question?

Nob0dy

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
319   0
Reaction score
So I just bought a Ruger Precision in 308 and I've noticed the barrel is not completely centered within the hand-guard. It appears that the barrel sits a little high and seems closer to the top of the hand-guard. It does appear centered from left to right though.

I'm not sure if it is suppose to be like that or not? Does anybody else have a precision they could look at? Secondly, should I try to fix it myself if it is broken or should I call Ruger? Lastly, maybe I should leave it, maybe it was made that way for a reason. I don't really know.

Thanks in advance!

My Gen 2 RPR in 6.5cm sits on the lower side of the HG, and slightly to the right.

I am pretty sure the process Ruger or its vendor uses is not that precise. I bet they are extruded aluminum tubes machined down and those extruded blanks seem to have a good bit of "run out" so to speak. That, or the machining/finishing process is distorting the aluminum some. Those are my best guesses. Its never hurt my accuracy, and I don't really plan to try and "correct it. I am leaving mine alone.

upload_2017-3-1_5-39-41.png

My Gen 2 RPR in 6.5cm sits on the lower side of the HG, and slightly to the right.

I am pretty sure the process Ruger or its vendor uses is not that precise. I bet they are extruded aluminum tubes machined down and those extruded blanks seem to have a good bit of "run out" so to speak. That, or the machining/finishing process is distorting the aluminum some. Those are my best guesses. Its never hurt my accuracy, and I don't really plan to try and "correct it. I am leaving mine alone.

View attachment 1082136
OK that make me feel better, I might just shoot it and see what accuracy I get. If anything my point of impact should be better since the barrel is more in line with the line of sight .

I would think that any contact with HG would be more of a concern. In for range report I am thinging I may want one of these.

Back
Top Bottom