• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger Precision Question?

I've been waiting on my scope to come in but I went ahead and shot the rifle. I love it the action is smooth and the trigger is great. Bit heavy but solid. I would highly recommend this rifle
If I had somewhere to shoot it I'd already have one! But just seems wrong to shoot 200 yards with it. Like driving an Indy car in a neighborhood.....

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

So I just bought a Ruger Precision in 308 and I've noticed the barrel is not completely centered within the hand-guard. It appears that the barrel sits a little high and seems closer to the top of the hand-guard. It does appear centered from left to right though.

I'm not sure if it is suppose to be like that or not? Does anybody else have a precision they could look at? Secondly, should I try to fix it myself if it is broken or should I call Ruger? Lastly, maybe I should leave it, maybe it was made that way for a reason. I don't really know.

Thanks in advance!
Have you shot it yet to see how it functions and groups?

If I had somewhere to shoot it I'd already have one! But just seems wrong to shoot 200 yards with it. Like driving an Indy car in a neighborhood.....

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Oh I plan on going to the CMP 600 yard range. Maybe sign up for some courses on ODT

Oh I plan on going to the CMP 600 yard range. Maybe sign up for some courses on ODT
I need to go try that. I've stopped by and looked at the range but haven't shot on it yet. Really nice set up it looked like.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There are plenty of drills you can shoot if you only have access to 200yds and less. I used to stick wooden golf tees into bullet holes at 100yds and then try to shoot the heads. I still do it from time to time, as a warmup drill or when I feel my pinpoint accuracy is lacking.

Positional shooting is a good skill to practice when you have limited range, as is stress shooting.

There are plenty of drills you can shoot if you only have access to 200yds and less. I used to stick wooden golf tees into bullet holes at 100yds and then try to shoot the heads. I still do it from time to time, as a warmup drill or when I feel my pinpoint accuracy is lacking.

Positional shooting is a good skill to practice when you have limited range, as is stress shooting.

That sounds like fun. A buddy and myself started shooting pocket change and shotgun shells with our AR's a few weekends ago. Pretty fun and makes some cool looking range mementos. Not sure I am a good enough shooter yet for golf tees though...lol

c735b8253bb2502fee88251ea9e0fef0.jpg

That sounds like fun. A buddy and myself started shooting pocket change and shotgun shells with our AR's a few weekends ago. Pretty fun and makes some cool looking range mementos. Not sure I am a good enough shooter yet for golf tees though...lol

c735b8253bb2502fee88251ea9e0fef0.jpg

Nice!

I didn't say I HIT the tees......I said I shoot at them! LOL

Back
Top Bottom