• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger Semi Autos- why don't they get the love and respect they deserve?

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
Why don't Ruger Semi Auto pistols (i.e. P89, P90), get the love and respect they deserve? Their resale values are horrible compared to other guns I am seeing. I don't want to say used Hi-Point semi auto value, but they are down and dirty. Just curious as to why or am I missing something?

Mine has given me impeccable service and reliability at the range over the years, and never once has failed. And I bought a brand new P89, but that was back in 1992. I think the prices are still the same today. Wish I could say that about a Colt.

Last edited:
I've had a Ruger P90 for probably 15 years... that thing shoots great, but frankly the size and weight remind me of a brick. Honestly if we're talking about shooting fast, it probably groups better than most of my .45s. I've managed to pick up a bunch of 7 and 8 round mags over the years and I'll never get rid of it (Dad gave it to me). But that being said, it's strictly a range pistol.

I've shot my P90 and many other folks P89s. All seemed to run with zero problems. They feed steel and brass ammo. I guess the only reason people don't like them these days is the somewhat limited capacity for the size of the pistol.

For the right price, I'd gladly have another P90.

Maybe it's this :
http://www.thegunzone.com/rkba/papabill.html

A lot of people think that he supported the clinton AWB ban because it would force a tremendous increase in sales of mini 14's due to their 10 round mags, etc. after the ban was instated. Backstabbing and a low blow to gun supporters at the time.

But nah, I don't know why, just having fun.

Nothing wrong with them from a functionality standpoint. They just feel a little big and bulky to me personally. I owned several in my 20's but just like with women my tastes changed as i got a little older and figured out what I really liked!

A P95 was my first handgun. It shot great and was super reliable. That being said, the trigger wasn't anything special, they are big and heavy for what they are and can't be carried concealed as well as other offerings.

Now the SR9 is a very underrated gun IMO

I still have my P91 .40 DAO from a looooong time ago. I stopped shooting it at comps because I was beating the men with 1911s (yeah, you know who you are...lol). Rugers are FAT, as in bulky, and are virtually useless as CCWs but are definitely great range and OC guns.

Saw a P95 for $299 today. Handled it and seriously wishied I could afford to add it to my stable. Maybe if it's there in 2 weeks...

Back
Top Bottom