• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger Semi Autos- why don't they get the love and respect they deserve?

Because they are bricks that happen to have a trigger. The SR series are fine guns but the P series are a joke. Nothing I look for in a gun is found on a ruger P series pistol.

Ruger makes a fine entry level handgun that sells at a reasonable price. You can buy a new P95 for around $300, but people tend to over pay and want to make a profit when they resell them. Nothing wrong with that if someone wants to pay the asking price, but why pay over retail for a used gun? I have had a P94 and P95 in 9mm, loved shooting both of them, I did not like carrying either one. I like S&W and Glock pistols because of the ease in CC. The other thing that a lot of people think about Rugers is that they are a step above a High Point, but a step below the more popular pistols carried by LEO and the military.

I daily carry an LC9 and own a 10/22, 10/22 Takedown LCP, and SR9 and love them all. Unfortunately, take down is a bit of a PITA. I owned a P85 and P95 and hated them both, especially the P85 as it was very VERY finicky as what ammo it would take.

I like my P85 MK II. It was a college graduation gift from my father before moving to the big city for my first real job.

It's built like a tank, heavy and rugged. It's also very reliable.

Too big and heavy to carry they make good truck guns.

I also use it to teach noobs how to shoot a handgun as being big and heavy the recoil is totally manageable.

My SR9 is the best running gun I own......the trigger is smooth and light from the factory.....the sights are very adequate.....it's very comfortable to hold and shoot.....it shoots everything......It's very accurate....I don't know what else one could ask for! I'm also on the list for an SR1911....I love Rugers!

Bought a new p89 for $300 in 92. Kept it a couple years and sold it for the same. Bought a P95 in 98 for $270 and sold it in 2003 for $300. Both had bad triggers, but if i couldn't afford anything better, I'd carry a P95.

I'll give you a scratched, painted p-mag full of peanut butter for a p85.

Yes, your last line is what I was thinking. Step above, and a step below. Never realized about the bulkiness, but again, I have mostly wheel guns.

Ruger makes a fine entry level handgun that sells at a reasonable price. You can buy a new P95 for around $300, but people tend to over pay and want to make a profit when they resell them. Nothing wrong with that if someone wants to pay the asking price, but why pay over retail for a used gun? I have had a P94 and P95 in 9mm, loved shooting both of them, I did not like carrying either one. I like S&W and Glock pistols because of the ease in CC. The other thing that a lot of people think about Rugers is that they are a step above a High Point, but a step below the more popular pistols carried by LEO and the military.

Back
Top Bottom