• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger Suing Thompson for copying the 10-22

Geez, I hope they don't turn around and sue AMT for making the far-superior, timney-triggered, Clark-barreled, all-SS 15-22 Lightning (and variants) rifle. I would hate to have to give all fifteen or twenty of mine up.

Oh wait... I think they already did.

This is a long time coming. By long time, I mean since the tc22 came out. It's a close copy but with upgrades (threadedbarrel, non-tuppaware stock, rail) that people naturally want. I'd be pissed if I was Ruger to. Weird part is, they copied and upgraded everything but the 10/22s ultimate reliability (from what Ive read on the web).
Not sure what you’ve read, but I’ve put over 2000 rounds through a TCR22 and it has been quite reliable and accurate enough for my purposes.

I would buy the TC version in fear that they will quit making them..... Fortunately I know I will be able to get one here in several months for about $800 or a $1,000 television...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I have multiple 10/22s. I bought it because I thought it looked cool, it had features a 10/22 doe not, I wanted it, and had the money to do so at the time. I don’t reckon I needed any more reasons than that.

Sorry..guess I was just wonderin how much cheaper $ they could be?
Wait..Are they More $$ than a 1022?

Sorry..guess I was just wonderin how much cheaper $ they could be?
Wait..Are they More $$ than a 1022?
Georgia Gun Store has them for $249. I'm not sure which version but suspect it's the base at that price. Keep in mind when you're comparing prices that it comes with an integrated receiver rail, stainless bolt, oversized bolt handle, rear peep and front FO sight, a button rifled barrel, and is threaded.

Georgia Gun Store has them for $249. I'm not sure which version but suspect it's the base at that price. Keep in mind when you're comparing prices that it comes with an integrated receiver rail, stainless bolt, oversized bolt handle, rear peep and front FO sight, a button rifled barrel, and is threaded.
I'll take it. PM inbound!

Back
Top Bottom