• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Running out this old warhorse, but just saw a new way to conduct an auction

gh1950

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
105   0
Reaction score
Well, most of us know about the ODT auctions.

Here is a new spin:

Multiple items for cell, all are "Trade Only".

Trade interest are the ever popular, generic, "Other guns [or something similar]" That apparently meets ODT's standards.

But here is the new twist.

"All trade offers must include your best cash offer."

That's sort of putting it out in the open.

Frankly, when I came here I thought all the "For Sale" deals were being conducted as dutch auctions.

Seller lists at a high price, and keeps reducing it until someone makes an offer. Once it reaches what the seller considers the reserve price, if it hasn't sold, he just closes the auction.

Well, most of us know about the ODT auctions.

Here is a new spin:

Multiple items for cell, all are "Trade Only".

Trade interest are the ever popular, generic, "Other guns [or something similar]" That apparently meets ODT's standards.

But here is the new twist.

"All trade offers must include your best cash offer."

That's sort of putting it out in the open.
Do I need to update my book on how to conduct ODT auctions?

Frankly, when I came here I thought all the "For Sale" deals were being conducted as dutch auctions.

Seller lists at a high price, and keeps reducing it until someone makes an offer. Once it reaches what the seller considers the reserve price, if it hasn't sold, he just closes the auction.
Or puts it back in the safe.

Saw one the other day calling it an action and telling you to send your best offer. Thought about sending him a PM saying no auctions then decide nope, someone else can. Gonna enjoy me and the wife retired on the farm and no stress....
I hope y’all enjoy it to the fullest. Sounds like you deserve it

Saw one the other day calling it an action and telling you to send your best offer. Thought about sending him a PM saying no auctions then decide nope, someone else can. Gonna enjoy me and the wife retired on the farm and no stress....
Newbie, around 20 items, several categories, all for "trade only".

Actually am interested in some, just don't have time to play that game.

I'm good with what I got.

Back
Top Bottom