• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SA-35 what happend?

I just put one out in the counter. Fit and finish feels good other than the front sight area being meh. I heard cylinder and slide sells a kit to make these alot better. I think I would rather keep my Argentinean hi power over this tbh.

Simple. The clones aren't cheap enough to garner the attention over buying the real thing. Then FN goes with a "modernized" version that provides no actual modern conveniences that people want such as tb, optics capability, rail for light, etc.

At least that's how I look at the new offerings.

I just put one out in the counter. Fit and finish feels good other than the front sight area being meh. I heard cylinder and slide sells a kit to make these alot better. I think I would rather keep my Argentinean hi power over this tbh.
Cylinder and Slide has parts specifically for the SA-35 or just for hi-powers in general. I know very little about this.

SA35 is a regular old hi power minus that it can go bang with the magazine out. Also 15 round mags instead of 13. FN just released an update to the hi power but it does proprietary in regards to parts and magazines.

Really, the new FN High Power just looks like an old Hi Power on the outside. All the internals are different, with no interchangeable parts.

The SA 35 is a straightforward clone of the traditional Hi Power with very minor (largely cosmetic) changes. To the extent that things like the safety lever is 'different', it's ony the shape and external size. You should be able to swap parts out between the SA parts and late-model Hi Powers pretty freely.

The price difference in a SA35 and a real Hi Power is pretty small. Why would you want the copy of a classic for $700-$750 when you can get a real one for $800-1000? Maybe if the SA35 was in the sub $500 range, but as priced it's a drop in the ocean of hi power clones.

Back
Top Bottom