• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SA-35 what happend?

I mean pricing around 700 is quite fair for a steel framed single action pistol, with higher capacity magazines than the original, and they are from an American company (barely). Considering browning/fn do not make a traditional hi power currently, and for less than 700 you can get a turkish made gun.

The price difference in a SA35 and a real Hi Power is pretty small. Why would you want the copy of a classic for $700-$750 when you can get a real one for $800-1000? Maybe if the SA35 was in the sub $500 range, but as priced it's a drop in the ocean of hi power clones.
That makes sense, but it is nice to have a brand new warranty supported firearm without scratches or crappy finishes. Most Hi-powers I see for sale, look like they were in the bottom of my grandfathers junk drawer for decades.

That makes sense, but it is nice to have a brand new warranty supported firearm without scratches or crappy finishes. Most Hi-powers I see for sale, look like they were in the bottom of my grandfathers junk drawer for decades.
Well, I mean there are plenty of companies that make these style guns for under $400. Sure it's a lesser brand, but at the end of the day when you're buying a clone it's still a clone. I'm in my company's off season so I have a bit of extra time on my hands during the day. I spend it looking at firearms 90% of the time. There are decent hi powers out there for $800, but they go fast. For chits and giggles I ran the gunbroker sold items page on the SA35. Looks like they may have had in the neighborhood of 500 items end in the month of January. In that group is also magazines and misc parts for the gun equaling about 35% of the listings. Not all that many sell. Maybe 100 in a month. But remember that is US wide. A good gun at a good price can sell that many in a day with a nationwide audience. I personally want a Hi Power myself. And FN just released a brand new one so if you want warranty, there's your pick. It can be had for about $1100 on there. When you search for Hi Power, you also see a bunch of Girsan and the SA35 and the other clones. Girsan is sub $400.
At the end of the day, if it's something I am going to use for carry, I want to know it works every time the first time. Those old Hi Powers are as valuable as they are because they work without fail. It was designed as a fighting pistol and as such they were quite robust. I don't know that the clones can make the same claims as they are manufactured new today using the cheapest suitable metal with the least amount of hand fitting work. Nothing new (commercial, off the shelf) even compares to the quality built 60-100 years ago.

The classics are not being made anymore would be my point.

Recall seeing one of these for $650 full docs in 2007:

Canada is not to be underestimated.

1675568466704.png

Back
Top Bottom