• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Saudi Terriost Purchased Glock Legally

I can absolutely see foreigners being able to buy ammo.

I can also see them being able to possess firearms, since they would need that to rent or use their own guns while hunting (the only exception open to anyone who isn't diplomatic security).

What I don't see is any reason for a foreign national to be able to purchase a new firearm while in the US.

When the 2nd Amendment was written, they were not American. They were under british rule.
BS
The amendments were written after the constitution was ratified by all states.
The founders, after a few, congressional sessions it was apparent that, although the founders believed the rights to be given by God, many of the legislators thought they were granted by the Govt.
Bill of rights was written and ratified, to restrict the Govt, and not man.

I don’t see why more here don’t see the folly of “gun free zones” instead of blaming “the gun”. It’s as if we have fell into the liberal trap, that if it weren’t for the gun that man wouldn’t have turned bad in the first place.

BS
The amendments were written after the constitution was ratified by all states.
The founders, after a few, congressional sessions it was apparent that, although the founders believed the rights to be given by God, many of the legislators thought they were granted by the Govt.
Bill of rights was written and ratified, to restrict the Govt, and not man.
I already corrected myself in the earlier post. You are correct.

Can't believe some of y'all think a foreigner doesn't have the same right to protect himself as you do. Ridiculous, our right to keep and bear arms is a individual right.

The second amendment doesn't give us that right, it simply recognizes it and restricts the government from infringing on it.

If a foreigner is here legally they are every bit as much a part of "the people" as your are. Silly fools think a better background check would have kept this guy from killing :tsk:

I can absolutely see foreigners being able to buy ammo.

I can also see them being able to possess firearms, since they would need that to rent or use their own guns while hunting (the only exception open to anyone who isn't diplomatic security).

What I don't see is any reason for a foreign national to be able to purchase a new firearm while in the US.

I can go to Great Britain, France, or Italy and legally purchase a firearm. Minimum of paperwork. May be other countries of which I am not aware. Probably the same in Switzerland.

Perazzi in particular has a package deal for an Italian holiday where you get a factory fitted gun and get to see the country for less $$$ than the gun alone would cost in the USA.

So should the same restrictions apply to US citizens abroad?

Also, SCOTUS has said that the Second Amendment is based on the innate right to self defense. Does a foreign national lose this right when he is on American soil?

Before you answer, consider this. All of the other protections of the Bill of Rights apply to foreigners on American soil - trial by jury, freedom from unreasonable search, freedom of speech and religion. If you restrict the Second Amendment, are you not doing what Justice Thomas says SCOTUS is doing, which is make the Second Amendment a second class right, not entitled to full enforcement by the courts?

I'm extremely doubtful you can go to almost any First World world country and buy a gun. Heck, their own citizens can't buy a gun in places the the UK.

If you can indeed go to Italy and buy a gun as a US citizen, then I'm all for reciprocity. Same for any country that respects gun ownership.

I'm extremely doubtful you can go to almost any First World world country and buy a gun. Heck, their own citizens can't buy a gun in places the the UK.

If you can indeed go to Italy and buy a gun as a US citizen, then I'm all for reciprocity. Same for any country that respects gun ownership.
Is the right to keep and bear arms a natural right or is it a right granted by governments?

Back
Top Bottom