• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Savanah's leaders take New York trip set in local crime reduction effort

I live on Fort Hamilton Base in Bay Ridge of South Brooklyn. It's a bit nicer of an area than most, but we still have crime. Everyday someone is being murdered, and I can't tell you how many hit and runs, robberies, drive bys, drug users I see everyday.... everyday. There are certain parts of town I don't go to, especially at night because I am white. They are wanting a bigger police force to help get crime down, but honestly the streets still look the same. While it may have gone down, it is still an epidemic up here. I can't wait to get out of here!

So how that New York firearms carry permit go or for that matter the permit to allow firearms in your own home?

Is it a closed post and government quarters?

Edit: The only mention of firearms is for law enforcement (MP's) and dictates weapon, ammo and readiness condition. Oddly it makes no other mention to private firearms for military members, family members, post housing policy or for that matter what the post policy is for privately owned firearms...

http://www.hamilton.army.mil/Home.aspx

Last edited:
So how that New York firearms carry permit go or for that matter the permit to allow firearms in your own home?

Is it a closed post and government quarters?

Edit: The only mention of firearms is for law enforcement (MP's) and dictates weapon, ammo and readiness condition. Oddly it makes no other mention to private firearms for military members, family members, post housing policy or for that matter what the post policy is for privately owned firearms...

http://www.hamilton.army.mil/Home.aspx
My apologies, let me clarify some things.
1. These items I spoke of are not on post, but near and around it.
2. It is a closed post, though civilians can live on it (they have to go through extensive background checks etc.)
3. In order to keep firearms on post (legally) they have to be registered and kept in the DES (Civilian MP's) arms room. Registering in NYC is expensive too, especially if you want to conceal.

Finally
I see plenty of crime all the time. And I do report it when I see it. I actually know a few NYPD by name now.

Back
Top Bottom