• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Say What You Will, But James Yeager Is A Very Cool Dude.

i had some bacon beer

super let down, pretty gross actually

Yeah... most "bacon" flavored or themed things are a big let down...there's no replacing real, salt cured (not water cured), thick cut, peppered bacon. Mmmmmmmmm.

I had a Cave Creek Chili Beer in Playa de Carmen once...it was like drinking a Dos Equis with a hot chilli pepper in it. It was interesting...refreshing but hot. The more you drank the more you needed to drink, which in turn would temporarily subdue the heat and then crank it up. One and Done.

Last edited:
Yeah but FREE training? That's what he offered me and the Mrs. Free training because I was generous, he reciprocated the generosity. Paying for training...well that would have to wait until my Redneck 401K is built back up after we close on the house and move. :juggle:

I won't lie bro. Even with my disdain for him I'd be tempted. I'm just not sure I could control my sarcasm and I might end up in that duel on accident, lol. Definitely go though. I'd love the opportunity to do something like that.

Yeah unfortunately so. The threat he made was a visceral, knee jerk response that put him on the map and has brought him a lot of media attention. He was pissed off and truly thought an Executive Order was coming to have guns registered and some confiscated. Many of those on this very forum felt the same way and even expressed similar opinions about their reaction if military or police went door to door to register and/or confiscate weapons. James made the error of making a less than 5 min video response to it rather than taking a few yoga breaths and coming down to Def-Con 1. He immediately pulled the video off YouTube, but just like I told my daughter about the dangers in sending inappropriate photos when she's older, "once on the internet, forever on the internet." James did retract his statement saying that he is still drawing a line in the sand, however saying that he would shoot anyone that tried to take his guns from him, he said that he would work for legislation to ensure the 2nd Amendment.

The second one is yet another reaction to a video that was posted of him as a security contractor fielding a hail of gunfire and mortars from Taliban/Al Qaeda members. The video appears to show James retreating , but its not entirely clear what occurred as the lens of the video only shows one angle and isn't complete. Whether or not he did or not, I can't make that determination...I wasn't there and I don't believe anyone else on ODT was...if they were, I'd really like to speak with them. However he was responding to a flurry of internet trolls/haters calling him a coward (which we know 99% of internet trolls are short, fat, live at home in the basement with their mom, keyboard warriors).

I say all that NOT to defend his words or his actions, but to paint a less myopic picture of the statements made.

While James has his approach to voicing his support for the 2nd Amendment, I choose to respond with less aggressive words and make public statements that can land me in trouble. Do I feel as strongly as James does about protecting our 2nd Amendment rights? Your damn right. I am doing everything I can to keep the erosion of our Constitutional Rights, especially the 2nd Amendment from being slowly and completely dissolved. I chose to do it through discussions with people that are fence sitters, debates with those that are anti-2A, a weekly podcast about our 2A rights, writing letters monthly to my local, state and federal representatives, showing up for pro-2A events, and supporting groups that fight for our rights through financial contributions.
Fair enough and your POV seems perfectly reasonable. The duel thing still crosses the line into the stratosweird for me though and probably not someone I'd want to associate with. But then again, I think Nugent is a nozzle so you know.....
A video of someone 'retreating' during battle is hardly conclusive of anything IMHO. Maybe he was going back for more ammo to kill more of the pieces of dung? :)

Fair enough and your POV seems perfectly reasonable. The duel thing still crosses the line into the stratosweird for me though and probably not someone I'd want to associate with. But then again, I think Nugent is a nozzle so you know.....
A video of someone 'retreating' during battle is hardly conclusive of anything IMHO. Maybe he was going back for more ammo to kill more of the pieces of dung? :)

Yeah...i like Nuggent, but he's nuttier than a pecan orchard too.

Unfortunately it takes sensationalism to make a dent on our over-sensationalized, de-sensitized, reality-tv loving, entitlement driven, selfish, blood thirsty Roman Coliseum-esque MTV/TMZ/Jerry Springer culture.

As for the video, retreat thing...who knows. Maybe he really **** his pants and ran crying to his mommy. Or maybe it was because they were out gunned, under-prepared, getting a better approach and angle or getting more ammo...who knows. I wasn't there and I'm a sucker for giving the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah... most "bacon" flavored or themed things are a big let down...there's no replacing real, salt cured (not water cured), thick cut, peppered bacon. Mmmmmmmmm.

I had a Cave Creek Chili Beer in Playa de Carmen once...it was like drinking a Dos Equis with a hot chilli pepper in it. It was interesting...refreshing but hot. The more you drank the more you needed to drink, which in turn would temporarily subdue the heat and then crank it up. One and Done.
not a fan of dos equis or any other heiniken brand

will say i had a beer called tiger, its a singapore beer. nothing special but for some reason im all about it

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom