Say What You Will, But James Yeager Is A Very Cool Dude.

The second one is yet another reaction to a video that was posted of him as a security contractor fielding a hail of gunfire and mortars from Taliban/Al Qaeda members. The video appears to show James retreating , but its not entirely clear what occurred as the lens of the video only shows one angle and isn't complete.
I say all that NOT to defend his words or his actions, but to paint a less myopic picture of the statements made.

Just for clarity's sake it was in Iraq and the attackers used a heavy machine gun from a road that paralleled the Route Irish (the hwy) he and his 3 car convoy were on. No Taliban or Al Qaeda or mortars involved, "Iraqi insurgents" with a PKM belt fed GPMG (per AAR).

ETA: I met James at several shooting/training functions before his internet hero days. He was a fairly nice dude.

Last edited:
Just for clarity's sake it was in Iraq and the attackers used a heavy machine gun from a road that paralleled the Route Irish (hwy) he and his 3 car convoy were on. No Taliban or Al Qaeda or mortars involved, "Iraqi insurgents" with a PKM belt fed GPMG (per AAR).

Why does he catch flak for that?

It's not like he turned tail and didn't stop running until he reached Kuwait. He had to assume that the car was disabled once the fight commenced (Yes, it was a stick shift and he made an error with taking it out of gear when they stopped) and knowing that the only option in a unarmored vehicle was to sit in the car and die or try to make it to cover and fight.

It's not like he turned tail and didn't stop running until he reached Kuwait. He had to assume that the car was disabled once the fight commenced (Yes, it was a stick shift and he made an error with taking it out of gear when they stopped) and knowing that the only option in a unarmored vehicle was to sit in the car and die or try to make it to cover and fight.

Makes me wonder how many that are in his ass for this have been in a similar situation

Makes me wonder how many that are in his ass for this have been in a similar situation

To me, the error that he committed by taking the car out of gear when they stopped prior to the ambush is an example of Murphy's Law. But I'm just a Chairforce Colonel so what do I know?

I was not giving him heck for "that" just to be clear, I was just correcting the details as there are no Taliban in Iraq.

The reason some folks got worked up is because there are certain procedures to follow when in that situation and he broke protocol. I have allot friends that worked for Edinburgh Risk but I have stayed out of that argument. It will turn into a stupid fest if it starts getting debated here.

Last edited:
I won't lie bro. Even with my disdain for him I'd be tempted. I'm just not sure I could control my sarcasm and I might end up in that duel on accident, lol. Definitely go though. I'd love the opportunity to do something like that.

Ha! Perhaps. I may find myself in the same shoes you're describing. :)

Back
Top Bottom