• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Saying Goodbye to my Beloved Labrador

I'm sure he's running in green pastures towards the sounds of children's laughter where he will be loved.

I feel your pain, as most of us have and i believe that dogs have souls. You can tell by the intelligence seen in their eyes. They are family for sure. Ive put one dog down that was old when i was a teenager and ive had my pit bull for 9 years and I make sure every day with her the best possible. Hell, i probably love her more than my girl friend!!

UPDATE:

Thanks to all of you for the condolences and sharing of your own stories about the wonderful dogs and other pets in your families.
While we are still processing through the trauma of the loss of a loving member of our family,
we also want to share some information that could possibly lessen the stress that others may
experience when facing the loss of the animal members of their family.

Obviously, there are other options for doing this, as well as opinions as to how it should be done.
While this is how we did it, I respect the decision(s) each has to make at a time like this.

We live in Cumming, GA and although we have a terrific veterinarian in Dr. Fitzsimons at The Cumming Veterinary Clinic,
we chose to have the euthanasia performed at our home rather than put A-Rod through the stress of being transported to
the vet. We wanted him to be with us at home, peaceful and calm when he passed away. We used the services of a mobile vet service
(Mobile Animal Care Clinic / Dr. Rob Sanfilippo) who came to our home and performed the service in a truly caring and totally professional manner. A-Rod simply went to sleep and quietly passed away peacefully within minutes. At my age, combined with the stress I was / am still under over the loss, I couldn't go through digging a hole and burying a 65 pound animal that I love so dearly. They transported his remains to our vet, who is having them picked up by a crematory service who will return the ashes to us.

Your support and comments are certainly appreciated,
May God Bless All of You and Your Families that include Dogs and other Pets

Last May 28 my Casey Boy was put to sleep. Arthritis in his hips and "knees" was just too much. I miss him everyday........BUT, just this past Monday I picked up our new boy, Colby Jack (think CHEESE, since he's putting steady cuttin' it!). Our hearts were ready to let in another. I got him from ODT member DoubleLung. Thanks, Kevin.
Following thru with the decision to put down a 4 legged family member, IMO, is one of the hardest things to do. I feel your pain, friend. Mourn, let it rip. I cried like a baby.

Back
Top Bottom