• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SBR question

BCPerry

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
24   0
Reaction score
So, I have an SBR issued to me by my agency. I love it! Now I want my own. I have another AR and was wandering, can i buy a new upper for my lower and go that route? I know i gotta do the paperwork, but was thinking if i could just swap uppers, i could sell one of my carbine length uppers and get a SBR upper. I hope I'm explaining myself so yall know what I'm thinking. Thanks.

Buy a virgin ar lower and put it together as a pistol. Fill out the ATF paperwork ($200) to make it a SBR. When You get your tax stamp in 6 months you can swap the pistol brace/buffer for the stock of your choice.

Another fun toy is a binary trigger
That'll put a smile on your face for way less than a legal drop in auto sear (15k) and another tax stamp!($200)

https://inthefielddefenses.com/shop/ols/categories/binary-trigger-system

Buy a virgin ar lower and put it together as a pistol. Fill out the ATF paperwork ($200) to make it a SBR. When You get your tax stamp in 6 months you can swap the pistol brace/buffer for the stock of your choice.

Another fun toy is a binary trigger
That'll put a smile on your face for way less than a legal drop in auto sear (15k) and another tax stamp!($200)

https://inthefielddefenses.com/shop/ols/categories/binary-trigger-system

He already has an AR, why would he buy a pistol lower just to convert to an SBR?

He already has an AR, why would he buy a pistol lower just to convert to an SBR?
An AR born a pistol can become a rifle and go back without jeopardy.

If he wants to wait 6 or 7 months to turn his Rifle into an SBR, go ahead.

If he buys a new Lower he can go pistol right now and rock and roll right now, till the stamp comes through while the ATF takes its time. As he has the bits, he can morph back into a pistol and cross state lines without ATF approval.

Besides that who needs just one AR? It gives you way more options.

Back
Top Bottom