• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

scammers

Why are the proudly badged supporters of this group the most UNsupportive people. Why would you not want to protect any other members from being scammed?
I think he’s trying to say the same thing I did. Ultimately it’s the individual’s responsibility if he or she is scammed. The root of 99% of scams is greed of some type.

I don’t think it’s always someone getting a steal of a deal that gets scammed. I posted asking for someone with French long ammo …hard to find…had a member reach out with the stuff below in the pic….long story short scammer got me for $270 which would have been a fair price for the rounds he claimed to have. The admin actually deleted it and I did not realize why so I still contacted him from my email records and got screwed. Did report it to the bank and local police but doubt they will do much…in this case admins did well at deleting them just wish I had realized why earlier. I’ve been on here for years and this was the first time that had happened.

Attachments

• DC7934C0-23E8-4049-8198-2731EA11E174.jpeg
    DC7934C0-23E8-4049-8198-2731EA11E174.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 38
I got excited and starting writing cause I read scanners instead of scammers. Back in the good old days I had scanners that would pick up the police and fire department and all that good stuff and then baby monitors and cell phones and such. But no more so I am sorry we don't have scanners that work well anymore

I'm really sorry we have scammers trying to part good people from their hard earned dollars.

I don’t think it’s always someone getting a steal of a deal that gets scammed. I posted asking for someone with French long ammo …hard to find…had a member reach out with the stuff below in the pic….long story short scammer got me for $270 which would have been a fair price for the rounds he claimed to have. The admin actually deleted it and I did not realize why so I still contacted him from my email records and got screwed. Did report it to the bank and local police but doubt they will do much…in this case admins did well at deleting them just wish I had realized why earlier. I’ve been on here for years and this was the first time that had happened.
How did that pm not scream scam?

I got hit late last year....(not ODT)....thought I was getting Lake City 308 ammo for a cheap price....nothing is cheap, including the lessons!!! no matter how hard we all try....let your guard down for a second, and that's all they need!!!
BUT I still do not need anyone "helping me" not get screwed....I can take care of myself!! AND learn from my lessons....how else can we learn, if we are not taught???

Here lately we have noticed that the offers are good, but not unreasonably so. So one would think it’s a deal, but not “too good to be true”

But I would just short of guarantee that anyone wanting to deal in emails, or contact my “mate” etc. Will be a scam every time.

Why are the proudly badged supporters of this group the most UNsupportive people. Why would you not want to protect any other members from being scammed?
Sorry, I was being held at a dark site with no internet for 2 days.
I don’t really have time to scour pages of ads in search of a possible scam ad. Everyone needs to do their own due diligence.
Why would anyone not want to pay $25/year to support the site? Mysteries abound.

Back
Top Bottom