• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

school me on watches

Take it to an independent watchmaker so you have more control over what gets serviced. Rolex will change out dials at their discretion and you could be losing thousands... Also Rolex watches do not need servicing every 2 years, but like every 7 years or so.

Porsche958 Porsche958 - Thanks for the advice! (Know anyone around Cumming area you would trust?)

I could bite the bullet every 7 years on the Rolex, but that 2 year service on the Breitling emergency really got under my skin.

No one of any quality will service a Rolex for free. And if they would then they shouldn't be touching your watch. In addition to buffing the bracelet and crystal they also tune the many fine parts of the movement so it keeps proper time. Automatic watches look like regular watches in many ways but are, in fact, extremely complicated machines with hundreds of internal parts. That's why they're cool!

I have two Bulova's a G Shok and a Casio Illuminator because it's analog with military time underneath it because that's what I go by at work. I really am pleased with the Bulova's and will probably check out a Citizen next.

I am still trying to get over that first crazy watch box, and the hardware in it ...

Just stop, I am not ready ...

Take it to an independent watchmaker so you have more control over what gets serviced. Rolex will change out dials at their discretion and you could be losing thousands... Also Rolex watches do not need servicing every 2 years, but like every 7 years or so.

just buy a Lum-Tec man.....

Back
Top Bottom