• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Screwed by FedEx

View attachment 2939718 my Hornady bullets came today and had a ORM-D cartridges small arms tag on it. How stupid is that ****?
Not only does that alert the drivers/handlers there are guns and/or ammo in that box to steal but also anyone wanting to see what address it goes to so they know where a residence is that has guns. :rant: What a bunch of dumbasses

View attachment 2939718 my Hornady bullets came today and had a ORM-D cartridges small arms tag on it. How stupid is that ****?

I think ammo is considered hazardous material and must be marked as such. Sending hazmat unmarked is a very serious offense and result in a major fine. I think an employee at work was fired for sending unmarked flammable liquid due to fine we could have incurred.

I think ammo is considered hazardous material and must be marked as such. Sending hazmat unmarked is a very serious offense and result in a major fine. I think an employee at work was fired for sending unmarked flammable liquid due to fine we could have incurred.
ammo is orm-d. primers have to be shipped hazmat.

IT aint ammo, its bullets that go in cartridges. Lot of difference in the 2

when I ship long guns via the UPS hub in Acworth I always pack in a plain brown box marked on all sides "ALUMINUM POLES HANDLE WITH CARE" just to throw off warehouse/driver workers. I also break the gun down, action from stock to make a smaller package and it is declared, FFL provided when I see the shipping clerk as I want to make sure I get full insurance for the correct item in case something happens. I have shipped about 35 long guns (all M1 carbines) without any problems.

Reverse charges on your CC. I had to do that when FedEx "lost" a case of ammo. It showed up 2 weeks later in an opened and retaped box. For two weeks it would show up on the truck for delevery, then relabeled and for delivery again. I contacted FedEx corporate and took them 2 weeks to find it. It was ammo in tins, so driver coulf not steal just a box, he took a whole case.
After ammo was found, I contacted my CC and they gave money back to the seller.
I called and left another message told the seller if I don't hear back from them by the end of the week thats what I was gonna do, I know its the holidays and busy season so just trying to be as patient as possible.

Back
Top Bottom