• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seafoam?

IF YOU DO IT JUST LET ENGINE IDLE AND WARM UP WITH SEAFOAM IN IT. DONT REV THE ENGINE ! AFTER WARMS UP SHUT ENGINE OFF DRAIN OIL AND CHANGE FILTER , REPLACE AND SEE HOW IT DOES. IVE SEEN WHERE TRASH GETS OVER OIL SCREEN AND OIL PRESURE GOES DOWN !

IF YOU DO IT JUST LET ENGINE IDLE AND WARM UP WITH SEAFOAM IN IT. DONT REV THE ENGINE ! AFTER WARMS UP SHUT ENGINE OFF DRAIN OIL AND CHANGE FILTER , REPLACE AND SE HOW IT DOES. IVE SEEN WHERE TRASH GETS OVER OIL SCREEN AND OIL PRESURE GOES DOWN !
That might be why he lost oil pressure right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

IF YOU DO IT JUST LET ENGINE IDLE AND WARM UP WITH SEAFOAM IN IT. DONT REV THE ENGINE ! AFTER WARMS UP SHUT ENGINE OFF DRAIN OIL AND CHANGE FILTER , REPLACE AND SEE HOW IT DOES. IVE SEEN WHERE TRASH GETS OVER OIL SCREEN AND OIL PRESURE GOES DOWN !

You can also use kerosene instead of seafoam,don't run it long with either though .......

As mentioned, seafoam is a solvent , and if your problem is gummy/thick old oil, it can work.

I usually do not believe in "mechanic in a can" products, but it worked great on one problem I had. A diesel injector pump was misbehaving, LOTS of smoke, down on power, and cold start advance nor working. Advice was to empty the fuel filter, and fill with seafoam. Crank engine until injector lines were full, and let sit for 24 hours. Dang if it didn't work. We had a rebuilt pump ordered (800 bucks), so we cancelled the order and decided to see what happened down the road. Been a year now, it is working perfectly, starts great, NO smoke, and all power is back.

On a gummed up motor, it costs very little to seafoam it, change oil and filter a time or two,, and see what it does. Any knocking on the fresh oil is a bad sign, though.

Dang, that's a hard life lesson to learn at a young age. After the seafoam, get a bunch of cheap oil and run through a couple oil changes to try and flush the crap out more.

Karma will come back around, sometimes in the form of drywall screws throughout their car lot.

For future reference everybody should have a mechanic they trust, when buying a used car have him check it. He can hook the magic black box to it and tell you a lot. Tell the people you are purchasing from your intentions up front if they have a problem with it leave immediately .

There are YouTube videos of people running kerosene in place of the oil for a few minutes to remove sludge. Drain kerosene and add fresh oil. I think this would be the strongest method of an engine flush.

Back
Top Bottom