• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seafoam?

I've heard it called Jesus Christ in a can for the miracles it has performed.......That said my 79 Dodge Ramcharger lost oil pressure and knocked. Pulled the oil pan to see what the metal chunks were. Turned out to be rock hard carbon. One clean oil screen later it was driving again. Drove it about 20 years.

Flush all you want, but if the oil pump pickup screen isn't cleaned, everything alas will just be a waste of time and money.

I would at least do a compression test on each cylinder. What's it going to hurt to flush as much crap out of the motor and then fill it up with cheap oil and see how it runs? If it runs, stays cool, no coolant in the oil, run it. Didn't sound like yall ran it until it locked up?

Agree, nothing to loose. May get enough miles out of it to allow him to save money for a new engine. I would recommend putting a new oil pump in it after flushing the engine. Might last a while.

Some vehicles allow easy dropping of the oil pan without major surgery. If this is the case, inspection is simple, and you can even check the amount of wear on the bearings (use plastigauge).

On others, you have to pull the engine.

I dunno if I would put anything in to clean the engine

But I would change the oil and filter and check the compression on each cylinder

And drive it

If the engine is bad it’s not going to hurt it and not going to cost anything but the tow truck bill

$2800 for a used engine is really high

The car wasnt worth much more than that when it was running

Drive that sum bitch to car max and sell it to them. Take that money and go buy a used car that was actually a good car when it was new. You have Google in your pocket use it. And have it looked at by your guy before you buy and ask that guy what kind of car he would buy.

Back
Top Bottom