Seeking renters opinions

Does your landlord accept credit cards and if so do they charge a fee?

• Yes they accept them and No they do not charge a fee

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Yes they accept them and yes they charge a fee

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • No they do not accept credit cards.

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AVOID "American Homes 4 Rent" at all costs! Those mother ****ers sucked at maintenance but as soon as the bushes needed trimming you damn sure knew about it.

Reactions: JHW
From a property owners perspective.......I got lucky and found the best tenants ever on my first pass right here on the ODT.....no fees needed and no worries about their character or background.

Thanks ODT!

Accepting plastic might not be a bad idea in some cases.
I would love to be able to pay my mortgage and car payments with my rewards card. The wife pays everything but those 3 bills with it. She pays all the bills, with the card then pays the card from the bank acct. all online. 2% adds up fast and that would be even more money back.
Plus it simplifies the bank statements and if she needs more details the card statements are always available.
I would agree that it's a growing trend we manage and own 120 units and I would say roughly 15-20% now pay through credit/Debit card. Needless to say now we are looking at charging a fee since we have had a growing shift towards credit cards.

Erentpayment.com seems to be a fair site. $3 dollars to transfer money from the tenants account to the landlords.

My wife and I rent from a large property management company. They did charge and application fee, for each of us, 50 dollars each if memory serves. They do accept cards, fees are 3% I think, my wife handles the bills.

I would agree that it's a growing trend we manage and own 120 units and I would say roughly 15-20% now pay through credit/Debit card. Needless to say now we are looking at charging a fee since we have had a growing shift towards credit cards.

Erentpayment.com seems to be a fair site. $3 dollars to transfer money from the tenants account to the landlords.

It's 2016. Cash is dead, checks are dead.
Electronic transfers are how businesses get paid today.

The accounting benefits alone are worth it, then the fact that your not opening envelopes, entering the info into your software, stopping at the bank. Plus it eliminates kiting checks and the fun that brings.

You may want to start encouraging all your tenants to go electronic. I realise it may never happen but even 25-50% would be a huge load off of office staff. Keep gently reminding them of the benefits of paperless, offer them a discounted transaction fee maybe?
The one service you mentioned charged $3, offer to pay half. The $1.5 you spend per payment is cheaper than paying someone to open an envelope and all that follows..

Back
Top Bottom